Tmobile says 8x is NOT LTE capable

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I been told yesterday by three complaints in fact the 8x isn't lte, the sales guy just told me this to make a sale, really annoyed !!!!

abek0

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Usually you have a week to bring the phone back or exchange. But the 8x is awesome aside from not having lte. :b
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Usually you have a week to bring the phone back or exchange. But the 8x is awesome aside from not having lte. :b
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
yeah if i found out earlier i would have taken it back but got it for another 18 months

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how hard it is to understand, the T-Mobile/AT&T or Non CDMA versions of the 8x aren't LTE capable, but support HSPA+ 42 instead, don't go saying that HSPA+ 42 isn't fast, I've topped 30 mbps on it.

MangoGuy

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't see how hard it is to understand, the T-Mobile/AT&T or Non CDMA versions of the 8x aren't LTE capable, but support HSPA+ 42 instead, don't go saying that HSPA+ 42 isn't fast, I've topped 30 mbps on it.
I here where you are coming from but when you are advised by the carrier there model of the 8x is lte ready you expect it to be lte ready!

theinterceptor

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
No. You get H+ but not LTE because uses their CDMA radio to run the LTE on their phones. I own a 8X and get H+ as my max in NYC. You would get wireless charging but lose full group and mms it. It depends whether or not that's a worthy tradeoff for you...

You'd have better luck with the AT&T version for LTE.

WRONG!
I've done exactly what he said... connected to T-Mobile's network with an unlocked AT&T HTC 8X and I can report that I did in fact connect to LTE and the phone reported it as LTE. My T-Mobile HTC 8X on the other hand will only connect to 4G. The phone has to have the capacity to connect to LTE built in as AT&T's does. HTC even confirms through their spec sheet that not all 8Xs are LTE capable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos