Where to get 8X (AT&T)

emckai

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering where people are getting their HTC 8X because on the AT&T website the 16GB model is going for $99, but on the WindowsPhone website the 16GB is going for $49.00 and I don't think there's tax so it's just the $49.00 flat.

The 8GB is tempting, both from AT&T (.99 cents+tax) and WindowsPhone (FREE) but running out of space worries me.
Anyways, where did you guys buy your phone?

emckai

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys think I still need the 16GB if I only use apps such as texting, facebook, tumblr, twitter, instagram, etc? Pictures shouldn't be a problem because of the 7GB Skydrive + Dropbox. Probably 3-5 games that I really play and not much else. Still recommend the 16GB just in case?

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys think I still need the 16GB if I only use apps such as texting, facebook, tumblr, twitter, instagram, etc? Pictures shouldn't be a problem because of the 7GB Skydrive + Dropbox. Probably 3-5 games that I really play and not much else. Still recommend the 16GB just in case?

You have to remember every time a app updates, that is extra memory added. Say Facebook is 350mb with updates over the months a extra 150mb could be added, and that's just one app. The same applies for game and 5gb is really not much, especially if you are getting a two year contract

Edit: obviously my Facebook comment was obnoxious but I just checked it. Facebook takes 8mb, with all the updates so far it takes a total of 64mb. That may not sound like much but it does add up with more apps

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, 16GB is not enough for me but I tend to get TONS of apps (30+) & games (20+) and lots of music (2GB +) and keep + download many pictures...
But if you just use it for what you've wrote (FB/Insta/Messaging) I think 8GB are enough. You can use around 5GB out of it. 2GB of apps + games is more than you'll ever need so you'll be left with 3GB. Try to leave at least 1GB free so your phone will run smooth.

emckai

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
For my iPhone 16GB I am currently using only 4.1GB which includes 14 games (which I only play about 2-3) Facebook, twitter, instagram, skype, netflix, etc. Some other applications such as dropbox, evernote, myAT&T, Wellsfargo etc. Just simple applications that everyone might download for their phone. If I removed 10 games I would probably be using only 3.5GB altogether. Oh yeah, along with 1GB music and 200MB of pictures. I usually don't listen to the music anyways and the pictures are already stored on my dropbox so I would actually have about 3.2GB used.

The 16GB is probably the best way to go, but the 8GB FREE is VERY tempting

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
For my iPhone 16GB I am currently using only 4.1GB which includes 14 games (which I only play about 2-3) Facebook, twitter, instagram, skype, netflix, etc. Some other applications such as dropbox, evernote, myAT&T, Wellsfargo etc. Just simple applications that everyone might download for their phone. If I removed 10 games I would probably be using only 3.5GB altogether. Oh yeah, along with 1GB music and 200MB of pictures. I usually don't listen to the music anyways and the pictures are already stored on my dropbox so I would actually have about 3.2GB used.

The 16GB is probably the best way to go, but the 8GB FREE is VERY tempting

Ios and Wp are 2 different segments pal, can't compare a boeing with a charter plane.

emckai

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Ios and Wp are 2 different segments pal, can't compare a boeing with a charter plane.

For my next phone, I'm just looking for something simple that will last me for the next two years and all I really need is some apps, texting, pictures, and little music.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
For my next phone, I'm just looking for something simple that will last me for the next two years and all I really need is some apps, texting, pictures, and little music.

I can assure you, once you get a wp8, you'll be cruising long drives, with an 8GB, your drives won't be pleasant, if you still feel like taking the gamble with an 8 Gig, well your call pal ;).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon