Official HTC 8X GDR2 Thread

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My T-Mobile update went well and everything seems to work as well or better than before, including WiFi, tiles, and battery drain. The down side was it removed WiFi Calling. I 'accidentally' received a March update that enabled WiFi calling on my 8X, but this one nuked it after a post-update hard (factory) reset. Damn!

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
@Darkgift, if you go to Settings, then swipe over to applications, scroll down to "Photos+Camera". There's an option in there to change it.

Quick update to my tiles and notifications not working. Doesn't seem to be GDR2 that did it. I uninstalled additional apps that were showing up in the Advanced Background Task menu and the tiles started to work again overnight. Haven't had anything that would give me a notification so I still have to make sure those work but I anticipate they will. This happened once before where all my tiles and notifications stopped and I found a thread in these forums where a user said that if you have too many apps in the Advanced Background Task menu then all notifications and tile updates will stop. Sure enough, both times I've uninstalled some apps from there everything has started work again. Apparently there's a limit to how many can be in there which is ridiculous.

vlacocabios

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I have an htc8x, which I am assuming it is unbranded, since there is no carrier logo when I boot up. I live in Greece, and I have put in a Vodafone sim. I haven't received the gde2 update yet, and every time I check for updates from the phone menu, it tells me I have the latest one, os version 8.0.10211.204. I think that almost everone in Europe has received this update, so am I the only one who's left out of the loop??? Anyone knows anything about it????

thanks

mrdeeds_72

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
@Darkgift, if you go to Settings, then swipe over to applications, scroll down to "Photos+Camera". There's an option in there to change it .

Are there specific apps you can choose as a lense? I have blink, fhotoroom etc and I can switch them in the camera app, but not in the setting you mentioned above. There is a drop down, but nothing is on there.

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I have a couple of photo apps but none show up in the drop down. Maybe someone else can mention an app that does. Developers probably have to change something in order for their app to show up.

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I bought the phone few days ago, after 3 updates I have 8.0.10327.77 version. The phone works ok, but there's the tile inactivity of BATTERY LEVEL app. I'm not sure if this has to do with the update or there's another problem.

oolgac

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: WiFi doesn't work after GDR2 Update

I'm on T-Mobile, but I'm having a similar issue. Ever since I updated, it seems like my 8x won't maintain a wifi connection when the screen turns off even if I have that setting turned on

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you do a hard reset after the update? I did and my T-Mobile 8X seems to work better without any of the reported problems. If you have WiFi Calling see my post above before resetting.

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
My t-mob htc 8x often gets terribly slow data after a period of time, a hard reset doesn't fix it, nor does a restart, it just comes back.

The 925 is slowly looking very, very appealing, or one of the android phones.

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having a problem with texts? Randomly I won't be able to send a text. I'll get the error saying to try again. I have to do a soft reset to fix it. Sometimes its once or twice, and other times it'll happen like 6 times in 5 hrs.

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
About to throw this T-Mobile 8x in the trash, the gdr2 update totally screwed it up, I can't even get decent speeds over 4g, and no there is nothing wrong with my area, cell towers or have low signal. Not even a hard reset fixed it. If only downgrades were possible, portico worked perfect, now it sucks with gdr2, screw the google mail carddav functionality.

Doohickie

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
So I repeatedly tried running Shrink Storage and Make More Space after doing the GDR2 update, with minimal results. Last night I took the plunge and did a hard reset. Here are the results. Apps went down a little because there are a couple of apps that couldn't reload- the Samsung folder for instance. I think there was only one or two other apps that I didn't load, but apps storage is about 11% smaller, and other storage is less than half what it was. My phone wasn't really that close to capacity, but I've been curious how much difference a hard reset would make.

We'll see if other storage creeps up as I use the phone for maps and stuff.

42674d1378783658t-011.png
42675d1378783658t-024.png

Camaroon

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
@doohickie, I've been thinking of doing a hard reset but don't know if I want to go through the hassle. How long did it take you? Did you back up the phone on your computer before you did it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss