Lose WiFi Calling with T-Mobile GDR2 Update?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm one of the lucky few who got the March firmware update that enabled WiFi Calling on my T-Mobile US HTC 8X. My phone is at 8.0.10211.204/1532.20.20010.531. Before anyone gets jealous, it isn't all good. Going in and out of WiFi Calling can be buggy, and sometimes I have to restart the phone after I've used the data connection because I get a low memory error message.

If and when T-Mobile phones get the latest update, does anyone know if I will lose the WiFi Calling, since apparently T-Mobile officially says their 8Xs do not support it. Since I need the WiFi Calling due to a poor signal in my neighborhood, I'd be reluctant to install the update if there's a chance I'll lose it.

juckwat

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm one of the lucky few who got the March firmware update that enabled WiFi Calling on my T-Mobile US HTC 8X. My phone is at 8.0.10211.204/1532.20.20010.531. Before anyone gets jealous, it isn't all good. Going in and out of WiFi Calling can be buggy, and sometimes I have to restart the phone after I've used the data connection because I get a low memory error message.

If and when T-Mobile phones get the latest update, does anyone know if I will lose the WiFi Calling, since apparently T-Mobile officially says their 8Xs do not support it. Since I need the WiFi Calling due to a poor signal in my neighborhood, I'd be reluctant to install the update if there's a chance I'll lose it.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering about this, too. The update isn't worth that loss to me. But at the rate things are going, the update may never come.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3