08-27-2013, 03:19 PM #1
- 2 Posts
What might be the problem with VIBER on HTC windows 8x phone, when I press the back button on the phone while being on VIBER and I get out of the app, It doesnt show me the new messages as notification on the screen, nor it alerts any sound for getting new message nor even when I get a viber video call it doesnt show up on the screen, unless I must open Viber, and then messages arrive or video call!?!?!?!
Anyone can help?!?!?!?!?!
02-15-2014, 06:47 AM #3
- 8 Posts
I had push notification issues for my Lumia 920 for quite a few months now and I was able to find a way around this problem.
Here is what I did:
1. In Settings / Background tasks, I only allowed two applications to run in the background.
2. I uninstalled Viber from my phone.
3. In Settings / Storage check, I cleared the temporary files.
4. In Settings / Ringtones+Sounds, I unticked/unchecked the "all other notifications" (I saw that Viber will use its own notification sounds for push notifications).
4. I performed a soft reboot (holding down the volume down + power button).
5. After the reboot, I again cleared the temporary files in Settings / Storage Check.
6. I re-installed viber.
I am not really sure how it worked :)
I hope this info helps.
- By snowmutt in forum XBOX MusicReplies: 45Last Post: 09-29-2013, 07:04 PM
- By John20212 in forum Nokia Lumia 1020Replies: 20Last Post: 08-28-2013, 06:25 PM
- By rasim21 in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 2Last Post: 08-28-2013, 02:25 AM
- By blegs38552 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 08-27-2013, 08:55 AM