Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts
    Downloading it now. 1:20pm EDT

I also can confirm that the Verizon GDR2 Update for the HTC 8X is live. It is currently 1:45 PM EST and the update is currently downloading. Here comes group text :). (Hopefully)

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Fellow VZW 8X owners...

Be sure you have at least 550 MB of storage available, otherwise you won't be able to download the update.

Downloading now....

Wow... "preparing to install 100%" takes a while to get passed...
  5. SB5

Just installed it. Internet Explorer on the phone is being really slow though, anyone else experience this? EDIT: Actually my wifi connection seems to be slow on the phone overall...

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts
    Group MMS does not work. I sent a group text to 3 friends and got a reply. the reply came outside the group I sent. YES, I turned it on in settings.

Some other observations POST update:
    Battery went from 70% at download/install to 20%. I have never seen it fall that fast ever.
    FM Radio works.
    XBM no real noticeable improvements from MPOV.
    Last edited by jasqid; 08-28-2013 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Added COmments
  7. SB5

How's the wifi on your phone working?
    Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post
    Group MMS does not work. I sent a group text to 3 friends and got a reply. the reply came outside the group I sent. YES, I turned it on in settings.

Battery went from 70% at download/install to 20%. I have never seen it fall that fast ever.
    FM Radio works.

wifi and cell data connection are flying in IE... It might be your phone caching things from your online accounts in the background, like my gmail took forever to update, but once it updated once was fine... my people tile had no pictures which is what leads me to think it might be downloading a bunch of caching type stuff right off the bat.

Edit: was just going to comment on cell data, but decided to connect to the work network to let you know...

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Well, I had to delete all of my music in order to install. Apparently it needs WAY more than 550 MB free (I freed up around 2 GB) to install. If you run out of space while it is in the "preparing to install" stage, it will warn you that you need X more MB free and it starts over. I can't wait for this to finish so I can free up some space! That's my biggest gripe with this damn thing.
  10. SB5

I don't think thats the case with my phone as the wifi still hasn't worked. I have restarted the phone a couple of times and soft reset too. The cell data is working perfect though.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    sh**!!! The Make More Space app doesn't work for me! Under temporary files, it now says 2.38 GB and "tap to schedule temp file removal". When tapping, it does nothing!!!!

I installed the updated and all is well! I called my cell from my office phone, let it go unanswered. No missed call tone! Finally!

I don't know about the "Make more space" app, but the fix in GDR2 doesn't work immediately. "GDR2, finally, provides a fix of sorts: It will automatically clear out space in the "Other" category. Unfortunately, it will not do so until your phone storage fills up. But that's certainly better than the original situation." From http://winsupersite.com/windows-phon...er-storage-bug.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Downloading right now, hopefully it goes smooth. ;-)

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by afripino View Post
    Fellow VZW 8X owners...

Be sure you have at least 550 MB of storage available, otherwise you won't be able to download the update.

Downloading now....
    Yea, I got caught by this. I had to dump quite a few apps in the middle of the update so it could continue. I didn't realize I was that close to my limit. I believe my next phone will definitely have 32GB.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Had no issues with the update process, so now we will see how it goes.

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post

FM Radio works.
    Group MMS works for me. I sent a text to a group and all replies come to the same message thread.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fonzman78 View Post
    Group MMS works for me. I sent a text to a group and all replies come to the same message thread.
    Here is a screen shot of Group Messaging.

group-messaging.jpg

i wondering to ask how about ussd with chinese text? can gddr2 fix this issue? because this case very annoying when i check my balance..

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    My "Other" storage went from 2.41Gb to 1.68Gb. *shrug* I haven't tested the group messaging fix yet.
    Microsoft does not read these Forums. Please go to the Windows Phone Suggestion Site and make your voice be heard.

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts
    Group msg seems to be working now after a soft reset.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I thought GDR2 was supposed to allow us to select any "lens" app and use that as the default camera app... I can't find where to do this. If I go into settings->applications->Photos+camera, there is an option to change what happens when you press the camera button, but only "Camera (built-in app)" is there, not other options.

Maybe I was mistaken about this feature? (I have an 8X on Verizon).

Global Posts
    365 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle View Post
    I thought GDR2 was supposed to allow us to select any "lens" app and use that as the default camera app... I can't find where to do this. If I go into settings->applications->Photos+camera, there is an option to change what happens when you press the camera button, but only "Camera (built-in app)" is there, not other options.

Maybe I was mistaken about this feature? (I have an 8X on Verizon).
    I was wondering the ssame thing. I'm only speculating, but I'm thinking its now up to the devs to add that feature to their apps.

Anyone having problems with texts? RRandomly I'll just start getting the "Cant send try again" error. I have to soft reset to fix. Anyone else?
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!

yes, the "Can't Send Message Try Again" thing is driving me up a wall. It *never* did this until after the GDR2 update.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Same deal with the Try Again thing. About ready to toss it through a window.
    Mike Tripp likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast