Transferring settings and apps from HTC Windows 8X phone

webfoot1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone! I returned my HTC Windows 8X phone to Verizon, and got a replacement (same phone) because of the issue of it not wanting to turn on and having to push the power button and volume button for 15 seconds to get it to turn on. At the Verizon store, where I ordered the replacement phone, they said instructions would be included on how to transfer all the settings, files, etc. from my old phone to my new one. Well, I got the new phone today and nothing else. No instructions on how to transfer things over, and I cannot find anywhere on the net, Verizon or the HTC sites on how to transfer all my files, etc. from my old phone to the new phone. All I'm looking for is how to transfer my stuff from my HTC Windows 8X phone to a new replacement Windows 8X phone. I didn't think it would be this difficult! :unhappy: Thanks for any help you can give me!

webfoot1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Not sure, I stopped at the step where it was asking me to sign into my email account or sign up for one. Wasn't sure what was going to happen after that, so I stopped. :)

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Not sure, I stopped at the step where it was asking me to sign into my email account or sign up for one. Wasn't sure what was going to happen after that, so I stopped. :)
Is this a step at the link I posted? Do you have a Microsoft account? Windowsphone.com is a great source of help, just click on "how to".

webfoot1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
No, that what it does when I turn the new phone on. I saved your link in my favorites and am going to try setting it up tomorrow.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3