Strange problmen since GDR2

Sharukh Bhoelan

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

My phone is acting since i've got the update. At some random moments when i need my phone to use a app like whatsapp, it just doesn't start. The tile only 'wiggles' and thats it. Even other apps incl system apps arent starting. I have to reboot the phone holding the power button for 5 secs and then the apps are working again. Does someone know why this happends?

Thanks.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

My phone is acting since i've got the update. At some random moments when i need my phone to use a app like whatsapp, it just doesn't start. The tile only 'wiggles' and thats it. Even other apps incl system apps arent starting. I have to reboot the phone holding the power button for 5 secs and then the apps are working again. Does someone know why this happends?

Thanks.

Not had that happen - but my 8x has been turning itself off, rebooting, coming up with sim errors and coming up with odd messages about only being in GSM mode.

thh25

May 29, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 920 does the same.. But it is not frequent. I've noticed it only happens when there seems to be an application running in the background that gets stuck.. For instance if i'm rummaging through an app which takes breathes before loading content and I immediately switch to the homescreen to open another app, then this issue occurs.. So i'm presuming its because of the app that I've now put into the background, that the issue occurs.. Its rare but it does happen.
I don't restart the phone. I just give it a bit of time - like a minute or so - and it goes back to normal.

sabotage

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I've experienced some rebooting/phone crashing and intermittent "SIM Card Error" message after unlocking the phone. Sometimes the Cellular is not recovering and I'll need to reboot the phone.

Update: I ended up pulling the SIM card and placing some layers of tape on the simcard and sleeve and it's has solved the problem. Looks like GDR2 didn't break my phone. I noticed that when locking the phone, I was pinching the corner where the sim was located and the lock button, this must have worn the contacts on the simcard as they looked well etched.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb