Why does my HTC 8X overheat?

chris88492

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I've been through three Windows Phones in the last month. First I bought a new L920, which had a defect that made the phone rattle loudly when on vibrate. Then I bought a new L925, which when barely using the phone, it would overheat so intensely my hand literally ached. I returned that and then got the HTC 8X hoping that since the hardware is made by a different company, there wuldn't be any defects.

I am using this 8X now and am noticing that the phone is getting pretty warm (not nearly as hot as the L925 would get) and it is causing the battery to drain pretty quickly. I bought this 8X used hoping that the seller wouldn't sell t with a defect. I may be wrong.

Anyways, do you guys think I just have to wait a few days, maybe the phones battery just needs to adjust to being used. Since I had to download about 5 system updates after turning on the phone. Will the heat go away after awhile. Pls tell me what you guys think and if you have experienced this before.

If this doesn't work out, I'm sadly giving up on Windows Phones. Might migrate to the Blackberry Z10 since it looks pretty interesting. Or maybe the Google Nexus 5.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
My two-year old 8X does decent, but the battery does drain fairly fast when you are heavily using it for gaming or messaging. Then again, which phone doesn't? (except the 1520, that thing is just insane)

I had a pretty awful battery life the first week I got it, but in the second week it started to settle down and become better. I'm running 8.1 atm and after my third day, battery life is starting to become decent again - so I guess you have to bear with it for a few days... I'm on 12 hours of medium use with 28% left. (lots of texting though through WA) I think it'll return to its former glory eventually. (in my case, around 22 hours of heavier usage then now)The phone does get hot sometimes, but cools down pretty fast, too. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Phone seems to run cooler with 8.1, btw.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss