Boot Loop and No Boot problem solved.

ericmarx9

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased a HTC 8X on eBay. The device was stuck in a boot loop so I got it cheap. I did some research on how to correct it but, nothing worked. No method of hard reset or combination of button presses could fix it. I determined, after reading many posts about how the phone died while watching a video or updating software, the power was too low for the phone to charge while constantly trying to boot. The boot process was sucking what little juice the charger was providing faster than the charger could provide it.

Disclaimer: This will most definitely VOID any warranty you may have. There is also a good possibility of physical damage without great care.

Now for the hard part (unless you have tinkered with these things before). The only way to charge it without it trying to boot is to disconnect the battery. Yes, this does require disassembling the phone. However, you only have to remove the case.

The trick is to heat the outside edges to soften the adhesive and use a guitar pick or similar tool. There are several instructional videos on the usual sites.

Once that is removed you can access the battery terminals.

Remove the 2 small phillips head screws from the flat, silver contact near the bottom edge and gently pry the contact free of its mount. (Pry is a strong word as it takes very little effort to remove the contact.)

Now, you'll have to destroy and old charger. Clip the end off of a charger and expose the red and black wires.

Connect those wires to the battery terminal. It is marked + and - on the underside of the ribbon going to the contact. As you're looking at it from the bottom of the phone with the back facing up, the + is on the left. Obviously red wire to + and black wire to -.

Plug in the charger and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes to get a decent charge.

Reassemble the device and hold the power button until it turns on (no reason to do a hard reset here). Watch in glorious amazement as your HTC 8X comes back to life with all data and settings intact. Hooray!!!

I have since purchased a 2nd HTC 8X that would not power on and tried the same method. I now have 2 fully functional 8X's.

Last edited:

Clumsy6

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
does it really work bro??where u from by the way..im from philippines and i think you are right..but i need tips on how to open my phone up..can i used old samsung chargers too??ill get my phone opened as soon as i get the right tools..and ive seen a video on youtube that in order to open the case of the phone i will need a blower to heat the sides before using a pick..
can u guide me through this..thnx
what tools do i need..

FCBeast

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have a detailed guide on how to connect the wires of the charger to the battery? I have a hard time charging the battery with the wires for more than a couple of seconds at a time because of how small the connection is and how flimsy the wires are.

far2many

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My 8x was also stuck in this loop. I thought it was the battery and so took the phone apart and replaced the battery. The phone worked and charged. Three or four times of taking the phone out of standby - same problem. Disassembled, disconnected the battery and it came alive again but only for a few times of taking it out of standby, obviously i cannot use the phone when i have to keep dissassembling.

:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills