Htc 8x has 6gb system memory

mad_as_u_like

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Hiya everyone my 8x is taking up almost half my storage just for the devices system. They obviously cant be deleted as the phone needs them to run. It was only at 2gig the other day and my phone hasn't updated to the best of my knowledge. All i have done is remove a couple of games(think it went up every game i deleted.
Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to sort this.
Thanks in advance
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

LeopardSurd

May 30, 2014
Visit site
My "System" is 3.26 GB big. WP 8.1 preview, 8X.
I've heard that some Nokias have System under 3 GB size. Even the 1020 after Hard Reset. I don't know if the size of system increases with time.

mad_as_u_like

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Be offline for a while. My phone now takes up over 6gig system memory. The 8.1 update is supposed to ne unstable to roll out. Hopefully they will sort this soon and it will reduce this issue

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 8.1.1 dp and mine is sitting on just over 3gb. A hard reset will sort out the issue. Seems 3gb is the norm for most phones anything over that means something else is taking up the space eg an app is storing files there or an update failed and wasn't removed properly.

mad_as_u_like

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Im still on 8.0. It seems most of the world has had 8.1 update but not UK. Will backup all my pics n hard reset and see if that sorts memory

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Sign up for a free app studio account. Use the same account you use to log into your phone. Once done install the preview app on the store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism