WP 8.1 Update 1 for HTC 8X?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
With the rollout of WP 8.1 Update 1 this morning my T-Mobile US 8X only got the small update to 8.10.12400.899. Apparently the full Update 1 version is 8.10.14147.180.

Has anyone's 8X gotten Update 1?

Sadangelman

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked 8x as well & no update either. Also have read a few articles from around the web about the update & have seen other 8x users saying they have no update as well.

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I did an update on my 8X, but it didn't seem to do anything. My Samsung ativ is still uploading, I'll let you know if it worked or not on the Samsung.

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Someone should start a class action suit against HTC. People with the 8S are getting the update so some are claiming though others are saying they can't get it either.

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is so hard on the 8X...
It's still the most comfortable phone in your hand on the market, and it still runs buttery smooth even after numerous "non official" OS updates.
Idk, I don't see what the problem is. So what if we have to wait a little bit longer for an update now and then? I'm happy with my HTC, and am looking forward to the W8.
In the meantime, hopefully this update becomes available later today!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Nothing here on 8s... HTC sucks. I was originally going to buy the Nokia 530 and chose HTC instead... I absolutely regret that decision.

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Everyone is so hard on the 8X...
It's still the most comfortable phone in your hand on the market, and it still runs buttery smooth even after numerous "non official" OS updates.
Idk, I don't see what the problem is. So what if we have to wait a little bit longer for an update now and then? I'm happy with my HTC, and am looking forward to the W8.
In the meantime, hopefully this update becomes available later today!

We still didn't get cortana, 3.5 monthes now
It's not "bit" longer, it seems like never

andyanywhere

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Just got OS version #8.10.12400.899 on unlocked HTC 8x (UK) but no live folders and no Cortana. If I search for cortana on my phone I can to Cortana settings but it says it's not available for my region (UK). Also got notification saying my Battery Saver app needed updating.

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
We still didn't get cortana, 3.5 monthes now
It's not "bit" longer, it seems like never

... My 8X has had Cortana since dev preview was released. Have you changed your region to US?

If you aren't running 8.1 yet, you either need to get the dev preview, or start harassing your carrier.

You're right that Nokia supports with additional firmware more than HTC. But my 8X doesn't really seem lacking, when included the dev preview for features. I just really don't think it's as bad as every one on this forum makes it out to be.

utopiate

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
... My 8X has had Cortana since dev preview was released. Have you changed your region to US?

If you aren't running 8.1 yet, you either need to get the dev preview, or start harassing your carrier.

You're right that Nokia supports with additional firmware more than HTC. But my 8X doesn't really seem lacking, when included the dev preview for features. I just really don't think it's as bad as every one on this forum makes it out to be.

Wait, do I smell BS? as far as I'm aware nobody with a 8X and the dev preview could use cortana due to the HTC limitation in region settings?

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Wait, do I smell BS? as far as I'm aware nobody with a 8X and the dev preview could use cortana due to the HTC limitation in region settings?

I don't see an option for posting a picture here within the app. I've had Cortana on my 8X since literally the day it was announced. Would you like me to email you a pic? Or can I post one here via the browser? Is it really necessary?

Lol. Let me know what you think. Today is really busy, I'm making my first attempt at replacing the front brakes on my minivan.... I may be drunk by this evening, but I'll try to take the straightest picture of Cortana on my 8X as possible. If you really need one.
I'm not pontificating here, sorry if it comes across that way. That sucks that you haven't had Cortana yet! She's awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3