Surprise surprise! HTC 8X WP8.1 update not in Late October but in Early November

KevinM1

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind that even if HTC pushes the update to Verizon in December, Verizon will still likely go through their own testing phase. I'm happy I'm eligible for a new phone in February. I'll probably be able to get a 8.1 phone faster that way rather than waiting for the firmware update.

dol4er

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It seems that HTC only cares for whoever bought One M8 so I installed the developer preview and it works great so far. It's been 2 weeks use and I haven't had any issues with it.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I installed DP for this very reason. Hasn't had any adverse affects on my phone. But then again, it didn't fix the constant random shutdowns of the 8X either.

Being on Verizon really hampers the update process, it seems. I'm up for a phone update in January and can't wait. Unfortunately, there's not a Windows phone yet available that I want to update to, so will more than likely have to wait until mid year for Win 10. Hoping they come with USB type C.

BonomDenej

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's the end of november and still no update. Even my friend's freaking Ativ S got its update a month ago.
I have the international unlocked version...

Last edited:

jorgejlt

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Updated. New firmware also in PfD. Running smoother. Happy. Htc 8x unlocked.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes