Will NFC still work on an 8x running preview for developers?

cameforthepizza

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a HTC 8x and I'm getting impatient waiting for 8.1 and I want to install preview for developers. I want to know what problems people have had with the preview and NFC and how well it works. Thanks!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen any issues regarding the 8x and NFC with the Preview for Developers.

Why NFC of all things that could go wrong? But otherwise, I haven't see too many widespread issues. Won't mean any one of us won't have a problem, but there doesn't appear to be any common issues off the top of my head.

cameforthepizza

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I had read something on a forum (might have been here or elsewhere, don't remember) a few months ago about someone having trouble with NFC with the preview on an 8x. I just wanted to make sure before I install as there is no going back. If that's the case I will proceed. Thank you to all!:smile:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just to make sure, to return an 8x with PfD on it to original software, you do settings > about > reset phone, correct?

That will erase the phone, but once a software update is done, it cant be undone without some outside help. (like a PC)

Lumia's have a tool that will flash official non-PfD software, but i don't know if HTC has a similar tool available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999