Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview and third column in Start Screen

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I jumped from the HTC 8X to an HTC One M7 2 years ago and this past november I upgraded to a OnePlus One. I still love Windows Phone but the hardware availability (mainly) in Mexico and some functionality lacking made me take a break from WP.

Long story short, I gave my mom the 8X and now she bought a Lumia 735 and gave back the 8X. I had a developer account so I just downloaded the app and then proceeded to install Windows Phone 8.1 and its updates (I think there were like 5 in total from WP 8.0) to use the phone sparingly and see what improvements have been made in the OS and overall app selection before I sell it and wait for another wave of new WP phones this year while living in the Android camp with the awesome OnePlus One.

I though there would be a third column given that the Lumia 735 which has the same 720p screen resolution but I was surprised that the 3rd column didn't appear. Is there a screen size limitation for that? Any wat I can get a 3rd colum of icons in the HTC 8X?

Thanks!

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you been into Settings > start+theme?

Yesterday I finished configuring and the last item I went through was exactly start+theme and just found that there was the option to show that third column!

I first thought that Windows Phone 8.1 would show 3 columns by default in all phones but I was mistaken it seems. Thanks for the reply.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon