Happy with 8.1 Update 8.10.14219 PfD

NickGCooper

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I've been following these threads for months now, waiting patiently for HTC Microsoft and Vodafone UK to get all their ducks in a row. With only 6 weeks to go before my contract could be upgraded I've taken the plunge and gone for the Preview for Developers edition. Signing up was painless and the update took a while. After 2 days of finding my way around, I'm a happy man. If you too are fed up with waiting Go PfD!!!
I may just let my contract run out, go SIM-only and buy a Lumia 930 when the price drops a little more 😊 There's many a slip twixt cup and lip.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Glad you are happy with the PfD on your 8X. I installed it on mine the day it was out in April last year and was really happy that I did that:)

DNHill

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Good news, although you shouldn't have had to go that way as the 8.1 update is available on Vodafone UK as an OTA update. At least mine did a couple of weeks back, as did all of my work colleagues 8X's that we have as company phones...

It may be worth double-checking what firmware you have by going that route, as there have been reports that via the preview method you don't get the latest one (3030.0.52001.401) and so may miss some features.

NickGCooper

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi DNHill, You are right - my current firmware version is 3030.0.52001.161 I'm not sure what I may be missing out on but since this contract only has a few months to run and I'm likely to go SIM free I figured It was a risk worth taking. By late summer they'll be pushing the Lumia 935 so the Lumia 930 will be selling at a very competitive price. Pick up a SIM only contract with someone gives a sh*t and all should be dandy :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05