Can I get some help with a few issues I have had updating my phone?

WindTech72

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Issues updating phone

Ok I just bought this phone off ebay and supposedly brand new. I get phone and start downloading apps and one of them is the developer preview. Developer preview tells me I need a certain OS version before it can download so I begin to download updates. Once the proper update is downloaded I was able to install the DP app. After setting the DP app up I begin finishing my OS updates. Right now I am on OS version 8.0.10532.166. There is another update my phone will download but when it begins to install it gets to 12% and then shoots up to 90% and then I get an error saying "The update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened (80188306). I have downloaded the new update many times and still the same thing. I have tried a factory reset of phone and that doesn't work neither. I will get the gears and it immediately reboots phone and goes back to start screen. I have tried this a number of times as well. Any suggestions on either getting my phone to factory reset or get this update to install? I have 11gb of storage still on phone so storage isn't an issue. Thanks for any help

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Issues updating phone

Remove your SD card and try it again.

Whoops, 8X doesn't have an SD card, does it?

This error indicates there's a conflict with another update package in the same partition.

You may need to perform a hard reset to clear this issue. You should do this as a matter of course if you get a second hand phone.

WindTech72

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for reply but if you are talking about factory reset I have tried this and the phone won't reset. It gets to gears and then restarts phone to home screen

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for reply but if you are talking about factory reset I have tried this and the phone won't reset. It gets to gears and then restarts phone to home screen
try the reset while the phone is plugged in to wall charger.. my 8S had that problem and it worked like that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel