new owner

Peter McNeill1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't hold my breath on getting WP 10, I have doubts we'll even get GDR2. The 8X is a good phone but at 3 yrs old now I don't see anymore support from HTC in updating the OS and it's not looking good for those of us on the dev preview IMHO. But I still hope I'll be surprised.

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
the 8x is a decent phone, for sure! not as long-lasting as a nokia, but still a great little phone with a decent camera. the size and weight is great, and it's nice looking. the only real issue you'll likely run into is it telling you it can't see the SIM, but just search on the forums here for fixes (scotch tape and an xacto knife are all you need) if you run into that, and you'll be fine. WP8.1 on dev preview is great on 8X and you get the bonuses of WordFlow and Live Folders!!

Enjoy your WP!!

TheBluesOne

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
is it quick like 8.0 on the 8x ?

Yes it is fast. I'll suggest you to update your 8X to 8.1 (before you get too much used to WP 8). Few features have been removed and many new features have been added/updated. For instance Messaging app lost its Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Skype integration. Separate apps are installed for each. It was little difficult for me. The social network integration was one of my most used features. Using FB app drains battery (I don't use it, unless required). Head here to see the complete change list:
Windows Phone 8.1 Features | Windows Central
Windows Phone 8 update history | Windows Phone How-to (India)

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
....For instance Messaging app lost its Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Skype integration. Separate apps are installed for each. It was little difficult for me. The social network integration was one of my most used features. Using FB app drains battery (I don't use it, unless required). Head here to see the complete change list:
Windows Phone 8.1 Features | Windows Central
Windows Phone 8 update history | Windows Phone How-to (India)

I have to chime in and stress this fact of upgrading to 8.1 thats not really mentioned until it's too late..YOU WILL LOOSE FB/TWITTER INTEGRATION IN THE PEOPLE HUB.

You won't be able to post directly from People Hub nor read entire posts. You will have to install FB, Messenger, and Twitter to do this. Clicking on a comment in People Hub will simple launch the app.

For my money, this was an integral feature of WP that's lost when you update to 8.1.

Col1948

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I recently got the HTC 8x and it updated to 8.1, the only gripe I have is it installed Skype that I don't want and it won't let me delete it, I now have a Skype update waiting to be downloaded but I'm leaving there.
This is one of the reasons I got a Windows phone because it doesn't have a lot of pre-installed bloatware which I hate, other than that it's fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills