Why can't I download or update apps since the Windows phone 8.1 upgrade?

GiangTrinh

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Can't download or update apps since windows phone 8.1

Alert me
|
Edit
|
Delete
|
Change type
Question
You cannot vote on your own post

Hi all,

I'm using HTC 8X

Model: HTC PM23300

Carrier: AT&T

Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update

OS Version: 8.10.14219.341

My phone still run normal. But few day ago. I can not open apps music,.... and I've been unable to download or update apps after few day ago. The status of the apps is "Pending" for the whole time. If I click on one of those apps, this message comes: "Just a little bit longer and [app name] will be installed." But that's been for 2 days now.

I have already reset my phone many times, but this issue can not be resolved.

Please help me.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't download or update apps since windows phone 8.1

Alert me
|
Edit
|
Delete
|
Change type
Question
You cannot vote on your own post

Hi all,

I'm using HTC 8X

Model: HTC PM23300

Carrier: AT&T

Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update

OS Version: 8.10.14219.341

My phone still run normal. But few day ago. I can not open apps music,.... and I've been unable to download or update apps after few day ago. The status of the apps is "Pending" for the whole time. If I click on one of those apps, this message comes: "Just a little bit longer and [app name] will be installed." But that's been for 2 days now.

I have already reset my phone many times, but this issue can not be resolved.

Please help me.

This exact same post has been posted three hours earlier than the OP here.

We might need more details.

What kinds of "reset" did you perform and how?

Are you connected to Wi-Fi while performing the updates?

What error code, if any, are you prompted with?

Aschmano

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't download or update apps since windows phone 8.1

sometimes it's region specific , espicially when you set your region to US and your phone comes from different variant, try changing your Region+Speech+Language to some other region and it will work.

GiangTrinh

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I have already reset by :

1. Turn the power off.
Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button. Release the VOLUME DOWN button when you see an icon on the screen.
Then press the following hardware buttons in sequence: VOLUME UP > VOLUME DOWN > POWER > VOLUME DOWN.

After hard reset. can not resolve.

wp_ss_20150504_0002.png
wp_ss_20150504_0001.png

Can not install app & update app.

View attachment 103788

Last edited by a moderator:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for these information. Since you have already performed a hard reset, most of the probable causes related to your phone settings should have been eliminated.

According to this Microsoft thread, a workaround to error code c00cee2c is to "select each update one by one instead of updating all 'in a batch'". If I remember correctly, this technique also worked for one of my phones (can't remember if it was an HTC, too, or a Lumia).

However, in your screenshot, you've got only one app in the downloads list - the work around from the thread implies having at least more than one pending download.

Hence, you can try this one:
1. Cancel the update - tap and hold on the app on the downloads list until you see the pop-out option to cancel the download or update.
2. Go to the Store settings. Tap on "Check for updates".
3. Go back to the Downloads list.
4. If more than one app appears, cancel everything else leaving just one app.
5. Once that app is updated, repeat the process for all the other apps (Store settings, check for updates). The objective is to update each app one by one.

Ensure that your phone has a stable internet connection, too.

Let us know if this works.

GiangTrinh

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I try many times but it can not resolve. I think that My phone has been error when it updated from OTA.

Maybe it must open the phone & up rom into the chip via hardware method

anyone have a new solution else, please let me know. We can discuss to fix this issue. :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

fdf39

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Giangtrinh even I am having the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 630.please notify me if you got a solution

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3