Windows 10 configuration update

JHunsaker

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I just received an update which said something like windows 10 configuration update. Does that mean the HTC 8X can get the new windows 10 mobile builds? I tried using the windows insider app to get the build and it just reboots the phone without doing anything. I heard you might need to have 8 GB free for the update to work. Is that true?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
8 GB is unlikely, I only have 3GB free on my Lumia 625 running WP10 tech preview.
After the phone reboots have you checked Settings > phone update > check for updates?
I believe the reason the HTC 8X hasn't got the WP10 tech preview so far is that there is no recovery available.
Gabe Aul refers to this on his twitter account.
If you install the Windows Phone Recovery Tool on your laptop/pc is your phone detected?

JHunsaker

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I have opened the windows insider app and selected Get preview builds and the selected the fast ring option. It then says it is going to start installing the new build but need to reboot phone first. After rebooting, no update starts and my phone is still on 8.1.

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
8 GB is unlikely, I only have 3GB free on my Lumia 625 running WP10 tech preview.
After the phone reboots have you checked Settings > phone update > check for updates?
I believe the reason the HTC 8X hasn't got the WP10 tech preview so far is that there is no recovery available.
Gabe Aul refers to this on his twitter account.
If you install the Windows Phone Recovery Tool on your laptop/pc is your phone detected?

No it does not recognize the 8X

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Gabe Aul said on his twitter feed, that the 8X won't get the WP10TP until it can be recovered back to 8.1.
He did say he/Microsoft were working with OEM's to make this happen.
After rebooting, no update starts and my phone is still on 8.1.
If/When it becomes available, after rebooting you need to check Settings > phone updates as the phone will not automatically start the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077