NFC Payment

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello, has anyone found out how to use the Wallet NFC as contactless payment. The user manual says contact Sprint, I guess you need a seure sim but nobody at Sprint so far knows how to get one.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just checked Sprint's site, and the only thing I saw related to NFC was the tutorial on how to turn it on and off.

Perhaps the NFC wallet is not yet available.

I would suggest contacting Sprint again, perhaps via e-mail instead of asking a rep in the store.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
No it's available on Windows Phone yet.

However Isis has just finished it's 9 month pilot program. So something may be coming in a year.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems as we hoped, Sprint/HTC/Samsung are releasing features now for availability later when the updates are pushed. I love "future proofing" in my devices.

Sent from my PG86100 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Its in the user manual HTC 8XT User Guide and HTC 8XT User Guide and HTC 8XT User Guide

I chatted online and called in. I was transferred 3 times. I started at customer service, was told that telesales could order the secure sim. Transferred there they said order support was the one to order it, and transferred there. Order support said no it is customer support that needs to order it and transferred back to there. In chat I was told to go to the local sprint store to pick one up. On another chat is was told the sim that cam with it was the right one.

Last edited:

Carkid367

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I work at one of the stores and personally have been using the 8XT too. I think that it is not enable for Sprint yet for the NFC payments. I'm going to ask around and see if they can get it pushed out to our devices!

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Please if you find out anything. I just found out Sprint calls it an UICC card instead of a sim card. To enable it we have to get a Secure card according to Microsoft FAQ.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
No it's available on Windows Phone yet.

However Isis has just finished it's 9 month pilot program. So something may be coming in a year.

ISIS is a joint venture between AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile though. Sprint isn't a part of it. I think they support Google Wallet instead, but that doesn't help us.

If ISIS is successful though (I'm guessing it will since Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover are all onboard) then I guess Sprint will have no choice but to join in.

MiguelTapitio

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
ISIS is a joint venture between AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile though. Sprint isn't a part of it. I think they support Google Wallet instead, but that doesn't help us.

If ISIS is successful though (I'm guessing it will since Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover are all onboard) then I guess Sprint will have no choice but to join in.

haha so does this mean that NFC payment may actually become a reality? I have the HTC 8X for verizon and one of the reason i bought it was for payment but with ISIS i never knew if it will actually come true. Good to know most of us aere gonna have a reason to use NFC if ISIS is successful

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa