unlock to virgin mobile (america)?

George Anglin

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
SO now that sprint has this phone i was wondering if anyone knows any way to get this phone to work for virgin mobile america. Im sure everyone knows that Sprint and VM are in cahoots here in the us. The only reason why i ask is because i want to get my hands on one of the devices without getting a contract. At&t service isn't so great and i constantly have had bad experiences with the customer. service. Verizon has great service where i live but its top dollar and im only a college student. I do have the option of t-mobile but virgin mobile has better service in the areas that i frequent.

SO my idea was that if i could get an mid-range windows phone i could finally be a happy camper. Hence me wondering if i can somehow get a sprint phone to work for VM.

sorry if this is in the wrong thread an whatnot. also thanks if i get replies =3

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
SO now that sprint has this phone i was wondering if anyone knows any way to get this phone to work for virgin mobile america. Im sure everyone knows that Sprint and VM are in cahoots here in the us. The only reason why i ask is because i want to get my hands on one of the devices without getting a contract. At&t service isn't so great and i constantly have had bad experiences with the customer. service. Verizon has great service where i live but its top dollar and im only a college student. I do have the option of t-mobile but virgin mobile has better service in the areas that i frequent.

SO my idea was that if i could get an mid-range windows phone i could finally be a happy camper. Hence me wondering if i can somehow get a sprint phone to work for VM.

sorry if this is in the wrong thread an whatnot. also thanks if i get replies =3

If i remember right, there are very few phones people have been able to flash to get working on VM, and they were usually phones already sold by VM. I highly doubt this would be possible at all. Also, Sprint isn't in cahoots with VM USA, they own them.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
There are rumors of this device (or a variation of it) going to Virgin Mobile or Boost, but it may not be before the holiday season. However, we all know Windows Phone has no presence on the prepaid side of the CDMA market as of this moment, which has been a major flaw on Microsoft to get in that market which is even more CDMA dominant than people think (and great part operate on Sprint's network).

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
As others have stated, VM USA is a subsidiary of Sprint. They can not take Sprint phones on their network, and vice versa for some reason, I'd bet to make more money selling phones. I also think that Sprint doesn't want people taking their phones to their cheaper MVNO's. If you want a low price, you could look into Ting. They even sell the 8XT at a lower price than Sprint new, at $373+tax.

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
At this moment, Sprint is only allowing certain devices to be activated on their MVNOs, but not for Virgin Mobile and Boost. They are using an idea several people suggested, and so far it has worked very well.

George Anglin

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
First off thanks for the replies. It was the responses that i was expecting (mostly.)
I can hope can't I?
I was never really sure if sprint actually OWNED VM-america so i just chose to say what i said. I thought they were just partners or something and im aware i could probably look it up but im not too worried.

As for the ting Im currently only paying 45 bucks and i would probably be paying around 65 for the same amount of usage. Either way thanks for the feedback gals and guys.

I would really love to have a windows phone (lumia or 8xt) Lumia obivously for the camera =3 and the 8xt looks kinda cool to me. So i hope they have something coming soon :p

mrmdj31675

Banned
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Sprint does own the US franchises of Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile, but operates them as separate companies with their own customer service departments and management (which reports to Sprint).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes