SD Card Slot

Scutters42

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 8XT for a few weeks now and absolutely love it. I want to load more music/podcasts (for my commute to work) but I cannot figure out how to put the SD card in. I've searched around the forums here and elsewhere with no luck.

parmonie

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
If you can't find the SD card slot, would you be able to just connect it to your computer and add them that way? Check the Windows app store and get your podcasts that way. They can even auto update when charging, if you set it for that, of course.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Not being a smart ****, but you just open the back, and its right above the SIM Slot.

From ZDnet:

htc8xt13-620x.jpg

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Its difficult to open the back, it just slides up, but what I had to do was push up and get it to just get a little opening, then get my fingernail in there to keep working to slide it open.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Its difficult to open the back, it just slides up, but what I had to do was push up and get it to just get a little opening, then get my fingernail in there to keep working to slide it open.

Agreed that it was quite the #$%@#$% to open up. But I LOVE how solid it feels when it's sealed back up. Thankfully once you put your card in, you should not have to open it back up again unless you want to change the card (I put a 32gb class 6 sandisk I bought for my OG Epic4g, so I don't plan on cracking it open again).
+1 to dorelse about using your fingernail to hold it open at the line between dark/light blue. I used a jewelers Flathead screwdriver to pry it a little with the hope that I didn't divot the plastic. Thankfully it didn't, but your mileage may vary. Expect to need a lot of force.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree, I love how its locked together...once you get that card in there, you'll never need to open it back up again...so I'm good with that!

grizzlyaddams

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, despite the difficulty in getting the back open, I only put an old 16gb in there to load up some music for now. So once I invest in a larger, higher speed class card, I'll be wrestling with the phone again :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention