Windows 10 Installed

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
So my phone updated itself to the windows 10 preview overnight. Now I not cellular data and reboots every 5 minutes almost to the dot. If I could get my data to work everything would be fine. I hard reset and now get the failed to activate error and cannot get a network profile update to go. If I can get the network profile updated and my data working I will be happy. Anyone else get this update accidentally and figure out how toget the data working.

cbmiller2610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Mine did the same, I blindly clicked install... now it's boot looped! I thought they were going to announce when/if they were deploying to non-lumia devices instead of just blindside us...also, any idea how to fix? It just shows the gears, then restarts to the HTC logo, then repeats...

Edit: apparently the volume button reset method is failing as well...I think MS just bricked my phone :(

Last edited:

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm not sure this will help you or not...but, one of our 8XT's running 8.1 says HTC (not Sprint) and not cannot select Roam either. The other says Sprint and roams just fine. I believe the one that roams was upgraded via the Preview, the one that doesn't was upgraded via the official release from Sprint. Its a very messed up release from Sprint...where the MS one works great.

Good luck! It sounds like MS messed up and released it early. Any of the 8X guys having the same issues?

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I had no problems roaming until I reset it with Windows 10 on it, I gave up and went and got a New phone from Sprint while I wait for Microsoft to finish their fix. Sprint right now has the LG G3 for only $180 on easy pay. With Android I prefer Nexus but wanted something really cheap that once Microsoft announces new Window 10 devices and if Sprint gets one I can pay off my easy pay and get one of those. If by January there is no news on a new Sprint Windows 10 phone, one preferably by HTC than I will probably end up with one of the New Nexus devices Google is set to release at the end of the month. One a positive note though since the LG G3 is a wifi calling device Sprint gave me their free Asus WIFI Connect router, which is awesome and yesterday I was in Spark coverage and was getting 52.85 Mbps down and 14.47 up.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not using my 8XT anymore either...pulled out my old One (m7) and am waiting for the new Blackberry and Win10 devices as well.

I did encounter a Malware app already on Android...cars.com official app is bad...(gotta love android).

Last edited:

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
With the new version of the recovery tool just released, it now works with the HTC 8XT my phone is being flashed right now.
How'd it go?

Now that MS has the images in their tool...I would *think* we'd be able to upgrade to WM10...but we'll see if they open those flood gates...

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm back to using my 8XT. Having nothing but issues on my HTC One. I'm now thinking I'll pick up the iPhone and then grab a WM10 device IF (big IF) Sprint gets one...just going to wait it out until after next week...then jump.

Jonathan Cable

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
To be honest if you need something to hold you over try the LG G3 on easy pay since it is only $180 right now, easy to pay off at anytime and LG will be updating it to Marshmallow real soon. Everything restored nice and easy on the 8XT, but if Sprint does not get a windows 10 device I will be most likely getting the Nexus 6P, but my go with the Nexus 5X. I like this G3 but I prefer stock android, and super fast updates.

dorelse

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
To be honest if you need something to hold you over try the LG G3 on easy pay since it is only $180 right now, easy to pay off at anytime and LG will be updating it to Marshmallow real soon. Everything restored nice and easy on the 8XT, but if Sprint does not get a windows 10 device I will be most likely getting the Nexus 6P, but my go with the Nexus 5X. I like this G3 but I prefer stock android, and super fast updates.

Yeah, I'll go with an iPhone as much as it kills me to say that. They have much better reception compared to my 8XT and 'just work' kind of like our WP's do...so its an easy choice to make with their current offers...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234