Is there any of these apps for windows phones?

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there a navigation app for windows phones?

I currently have and Evo and 2 of my 4 lines with Sprint is eligible for an upgrade, one now and the other in April. I'm thinking about getting the HTC Arrive, however I was wondering if someone can tell me if there an available Navigation/Turn by Turn direction App for Windows Phones, similar to that of Google Maps ?

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
TeleNav supports it as of now, but not the native bing maps. Once Nokia phones come out you will also see Ovi Maps style services and directions available (this may be one of the features that goes to all wp7 manufacturers as part of the Nokia/MS deal).

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
TeleNav supports it as of now, but not the native bing maps. Once Nokia phones come out you will also see Ovi Maps style services and directions available (this may be one of the features that goes to all wp7 manufacturers as part of the Nokia/MS deal).

Oh ok thanks for replying back to me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Define turn by turn. My surround has maps on there all you have to do is put in you origin and destination hit enter and it gives you your route on a map and directions aswell. It doesn't talk to you if that's what you mean by turn by turn.

Sent from my htc Surround using Board Express

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Define turn by turn. My surround has maps on there all you have to do is put in you origin and destination hit enter and it gives you your route on a map and directions aswell. It doesn't talk to you if that's what you mean by turn by turn.

Sent from my htc Surround using Board Express

It doesn't have to talk..but I wanted one to at least track your movement on the map as well as display where you have to turn and so forth.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
It does track you, but no reroute. Its....odd...as a GPS anyway...

Confirming. You input your origin and destination and if gives you a map with your course too take highlighted with detailed instructions and your location is tracked on the map as you move. No reroute option so if you get off track you will have to reset your course.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
It does track you, but no reroute. Its....odd...as a GPS anyway...
I hope it's not carrier influence that's preventing the free turn-by-turn. My Verizon TP2 packed in a nerfed "Bing for Verizon" with their last (and, sadly, probably final) update. It made a route and tracked, but no voice and probably wouldn't reroute either since the command was "directions" and not "navigate." The only option it gave for navigation was Verizon's VZNav pay service. However, I remembered that I used Bing previously with turn-by-turn with voice and I didn't pay, so I checked the Marketplace, the "generic" Bing app was there, downloaded and installed, and, Bing!!, free turn-by-turn.

Hopefully, my fears are wrong and they are just working on it with the new system and all.

onemadrssn

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The Telenav GPS Navigator with TeleAtlas maps comes preinstalled on the HTC Arrive, which is a exactly like a PND.

Equal to google navigator imo...

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, Telenav comes preinstalled and basically works just like Google Navigation. An uglier, slighly slower version of Google Navigation, but it works fine. I've used it a few times and it's been great.

The Telenav GPS Navigator with TeleAtlas maps comes preinstalled on the HTC Arrive, which is a exactly like a PND.

Equal to google navigator imo...

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Telenav on the Arrive is "Sprint Navigation" renamed. Period.
You can still go to navigation.sprint.com and login to your account to set up destination FAVS. Then when you launch telenav, go to your favorites and sync.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Telenav on Sprint is FREE, it is 10 per month on att and same on T-mobile, I would assume that Verizon will be 10per month as well.. but as you know no details have been out on Verizon..

I do beleive there is on Free Navagation Program on WP7 in the Marketplace called AtoB ?
its is still in beta but work most of the time for me ...

jgfoley

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
If I'm reading this right: This means that Bing is not supported on WP7? Voice guided navigation on WM6.5 worked excellent...you're telling me that Microsoft hasn't supported thier own mobile Bing? It seems like I would have to give up alot of usefull applications to upgrade to WP7.

PhilR8

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
WP7 supports Bing - there's Bing search built in to the device, and it also comes pre-loaded with Bing Maps. The problem is that Bing Maps is very poor (in my opinion, of course), especially when directly compared to Google Maps for Android. Sure, Bing Maps has GPS functionality, searches locally based on your location, and has turn-by-turn directions from your location to a destination, but there is no true navigation like Google Navigation, and the base maps in Bing are poor (again, when directly compared to Google Maps for Android). A more robust Bing Maps application would be a very welcome addition to WP7. So would a Google Maps application with Latitude.

If I'm reading this right: This means that Bing is not supported on WP7? Voice guided navigation on WM6.5 worked excellent...you're telling me that Microsoft hasn't supported thier own mobile Bing? It seems like I would have to give up alot of usefull applications to upgrade to WP7.

onemadrssn

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
WP7 supports Bing - there's Bing search built in to the device, and it also comes pre-loaded with Bing Maps. The problem is that Bing Maps is very poor (in my opinion, of course), especially when directly compared to Google Maps for Android. Sure, Bing Maps has GPS functionality, searches locally based on your location, and has turn-by-turn directions from your location to a destination, but there is no true navigation like Google Navigation, and the base maps in Bing are poor (again, when directly compared to Google Maps for Android). A more robust Bing Maps application would be a very welcome addition to WP7. So would a Google Maps application with Latitude.

I would say that Telenav + bing maps can do everything that google maps can do on android. I have not used google navigation much, so maybe it does have a feature or two more than Telenav nor bing maps have, but I sure am not noticing.

Then again, I use a TomTom GO LIVE for my navigation needs :-D

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Bing GPS Driving is coming ? remember there was a person on the boards that said a Microsoft Employer said they were testing the navagation feature with WP7..
So I'm sure its coming ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss