Tried to Pre Order the HTC Arrice Today

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
FYI,
I just tried to pre order the HTC Arrive on Sprints Website today and did an online chat and he said something very interesting that I thought was good news is they are getting alot of pre orders of the phones.. here is my conversation with the sprint rep

1:49:00 PM : Connected to sprint.ehosts.net

1:49:01 PM : Session ID: 2393003

1:49:01 PM : GIBBS: Initial Question/Comment: looking to buy the new phone hct arrive but cant find it on your site

1:49:11 PM : Alex S has joined this session!

1:49:11 PM : Connected with Alex S. Your Reference Number for this chat session is 2393003.

1:49:11 PM : Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Alex S.

1:50:16 PM : Alex S: Mark, I understand you wish to purchase the new Sprint phone HTC Arrive phone.

1:50:40 PM : GIBBS: yea whats up with that

1:50:56 PM : Alex S: Let me explain it to you.

1:52:56 PM : Alex S: I am glad to inform you that Sprint is launching the new window 7 phone, HTC Arrive, on 03/20/2011. Since, it's hasn't been launched yet, that's why it's not listed on sprint.com. However, you can do the pre-registration for that at any Sprint Store with the purchase of a $50 Sprint gift card.

1:53:16 PM : Alex S: Customers who pre-order HTC Arrive will have their name added to the Device Wait List and be contacted to set up an appointment to complete their purchase beginning on Sunday, March 20.

1:55:15 PM : GIBBS: I'm confused i cant pre order it and have it shipped to my home on the 20th ?

1:55:22 PM : GIBBS: like you do with androids

1:57:31 PM : Alex S: The device will be launched on March 20, 2011. If you pre-order for it, you would be contacted to set up an appointment with store and get the phone. However, it depends on the availability of the phone.

1:58:16 PM : Alex S: So, as soon as you pre-order for it, you will get it in that order as well.

1:58:33 PM : GIBBS: what is the appointment for

1:58:36 PM : Alex S: For example, if any customer, per-order for it after your order, you would get the phone first.

1:59:06 PM : Alex S: The store person will contact you to get the phone at certain date.

2:00:11 PM : Alex S: So, the store person will contact you, if you do the per-order, and will let you know, when can you visit the store to get the phone.

2:00:51 PM : Alex S: Please let me know, if I am still not clear with the appointment.

2:01:58 PM : GIBBS: So on the 20th I can go on sprints website and order the phone to be shipped to my home ... I don't want to go into the store, I don't want an appointment ..

2:03:41 PM : Alex S: Mark, the phone will be launched on March 20th, 2011 however, I won't be able to commit, if it would be available on sprint.com for purchasing because it's depend on the stock. The sprint.com will show the phone March 20th onward, however, the order would depend on the availability of the phone.

2:04:26 PM : Alex S: If phone is in stock at that time, you can certainly place the order for the phone on March 20th and get it shipped to your home.

2:05:31 PM : Alex S: Because, it's a new phone and first window 7 phone, so, Sprint is receiving lots of per-order for this phone.

2:06:54 PM : GIBBS: yes I know I had a sprint plan with 4 phones 2 of my kids left my plan and went to Att to get the Samsung focus Windows Phone because Sprint would not tell us when the phone was going to be availabe

2:07:51 PM : GIBBS: now you telling me that sprint is not stocking the Windows phone only Androids ..

2:08:42 PM : GIBBS: android is all you have on your website and I hate android it is so complacated you need an appointment to use the dam phone but you have tons on androids ..

2:10:59 PM : Alex S: I apologize for the inconvenience. However, currently, the window 7 phone, HTC Arrive hasn't been launched yet that's why you are not getting the option for this online on sprint com. Once, it's launched on March 20th, you can certainly, check the phone at sprint.com, it would show there.

2:12:08 PM : GIBBS: apple, microsoft and Blackberry are licensed technoogy and they seem to take responsablitly for the security of the phone .. I feel more comfortable with that solution I just wish it would come quicker .. and we could pre order online and when its in stock than they can ship it to me ..

2:12:28 PM : GIBBS: Thank you

2:12:52 PM : GIBBS: I hope to see this online on the 20th or in the store.

2:13:11 PM : GIBBS: are you geeting alot of requests for the new windows phone ?

2:14:01 PM : Alex S: Yes, we are getting lot of request for that. Also, be assured, on 20th March onward, the HTC Arrive phone will show on spriont.com.

2:14:06 PM : Alex S: sprint.com*

2:14:27 PM : GIBBS: thank you have a nice day...

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If it's like Nov 8th, where AT&T only had three of each launch phone (only Focus & Surround) at each store I can understand why Sprint would encourage pre-orders to better manage deployment of limited stock. But it's dumb that they wouldn't let you pre-order the phone online, again so they could plan deployment according.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

blends

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried to pre-order the Arrive at my local Sprint store and they told me to just call/stop by on the 20th. I asked about the $50 gift card and they stated it wasn't necessary to pre-order the phone because they weren't doing pre-orders. I then called customer service and was advised that I have to go to a Sprint store to pre-order. I explained that I tried that and got no where so they claimed to put me on a list of customers that will be emailed on the 20th. I've never experienced anything like this from Sprint before. I've purchased phones on launch day before (always over the phone) but this new system they're trying out is clearly not being executed. I'll just order it over the phone on the 21st and wait the 5 days for it to show up in the mail.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand it eather,
I love Sprint and I'm glad they are getting the WP7 (wish it was a Samsung) but my god I can't pre order a phone ? and its seems to only be the Windows Phone.. Just put me on the list and when you get it in stock send it to me !! whats the big deal? I'm not not asking for and exact date I just want to pre order..

I tried to pre-order the Arrive at my local Sprint store and they told me to just call/stop by on the 20th. I asked about the $50 gift card and they stated it wasn't necessary to pre-order the phone because they weren't doing pre-orders. I then called customer service and was advised that I have to go to a Sprint store to pre-order. I explained that I tried that and got no where so they claimed to put me on a list of customers that will be emailed on the 20th. I've never experienced anything like this from Sprint before. I've purchased phones on launch day before (always over the phone) but this new system they're trying out is clearly not being executed. I'll just order it over the phone on the 21st and wait the 5 days for it to show up in the mail.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site

I can't say I agree. The last phone I got from them was the Blackberry Tour, and that was a huge nightmare to get it pre-ordered and shipped. Ended up taking weeks after rlease to actually get it, and of course the first 4 devices were DOA. I will never get a phone at launch again. I am going to wait and see if they actually work for a month or two first. Seems like QC has gone out the window of most manufacturers. =(

jdnely

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Just preordered mine today. Went off with no problems. Asked the guy if they had a brick model I could hold and he let me use his personal HTC Arrive he was given. It was amazing. Tried Netflix, landscaped perfectly. Typed a message with the keyboard, only problem is the space bar is smallish (just need some time to get used to.)

Very excited.

kalldrexx

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh the employees have working Arrives already? That's interesting. Usually employees can't get a phone until demand dies down, let alone prior to release.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Well I went to several Sprint stores around Puget Sound yesterday and no one had any. Not sure where the rumor about Seattle area stores having them already on the floor came from, but doesn't seem to be the case.

jdnely

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh the employees have working Arrives already? That's interesting. Usually employees can't get a phone until demand dies down, let alone prior to release.

I don't believe that they all have them. At risk of getting the dude in trouble, he told me he was one of the lucky employees who got the phone to demo. Interesting little bit, he isn't allowed to take it out of the store until it officially goes live.

EDIT: The speaker on the back was surprisingly loud to the point I was able to comfortably hear the movie while in the store.

Last edited:

jatoprieto#WP

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
some employees do have them. its called advocate phone and we are responsible for training the other store reps before the phone launch. we are not allowed to show csts tho. thats a big no no.

ItArrived

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine from Amazon Wireless, I think it says backordered as their way of doing a pre-order... I plan on calling them tomorrow to find out if i'm really on backorder or if it will ship on or the day after launch...

Koldfate

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine from Amazon Wireless, I think it says backordered as their way of doing a pre-order... I plan on calling them tomorrow to find out if i'm really on backorder or if it will ship on or the day after launch...

I ordered mine from Amazon as well. It also says back ordered, but still says that it will be delivered on March 23rd-24th. I also noticed that on my credit card it showed a pending transaction to Amazon the day after I placed the order, which has since disappeared, (not pending or cleared). If you do call, I'd be interested to hear what they say.

Koldfate

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
OK so I called Amazon to find out what the deal was with the bank charges, and it is just them doing the pre-authorization of the bank accounts to make sure everything is correct and the funds are there, and they won't actually charge you until it ships. As for it being backordered, it is not backordered, it just how they have it set up to do the pre-orders/sales.

ItArrived

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Koldfate, that's what I found out too... They told me it may even ship on Sunday as they have Fedex pickups on weekends, but I'm guessing that it will likely ship on monday...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720