File Attachments

dark_gable

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am a WP7 newbie and love the platform over Android. My question is how do I attach a PDF or Word file to an email? Everytime I try it only goes to picture files, please help this is a game changer for me. Thanks!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
For Office documents, open your document and display the popup menu, tap Send. No way to attach PDF files today. You can email the file to yourself from your desktop and then forward the email from your phone. Or setup a Dropbox account and send links to your PDF files from your phone.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

dark_gable

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks jimski I have come to the same conclusion. I just don't understand why WP7 would not have a way to attach a PDF to a an email on a business phone. This is a serious flaw for my business. Thank you again jimski!

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
The entire business world uses PDF's so MS will eventually add this functionality. MS really has to step up its game in areas like this so that it doesn't needlessly lose business customers.

igrar#IM

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
It lost me...that's great idea to put ability to attach something from the compose screen which lacks on iPhone for example...but very dumb idea to enable us to attach photos only. iPhone has a workaround - Documents To Go app integrated with Dropbox. It even has a function to attach several files to one email message. In WP7 not only you cannot attach PDF files to messages but attach only one file per email message ! @_@. SkyDrive is not as efficient as DropBox it beats DropBox only in syncing photos. So, as far as I understood this is definately not a business phone at least for now even though it has Office Mobile and SharePoint. iPhone also by default is not a business phone but it is amorphous, apps can add so many fuctions. I didnt go for Android because its battery sucks and therefore unfeasable for business. I would say best business phone is BlackBerry because of its excellent mail client but it requires expensive BES and it crashes and damn slow. So, sticking with iPhone as a golden middle - descent battery life - possibility to add fuctions you like. BUT i want LUMIA 800 so BADLY !!! Please Microsoft if you re hearing enhance attachment situation in WP7.5 mail app and SkyDrive.

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am trying what jimski said and I still can't email an Office document. When I open an Office document, I get a share option and not a send option. Share just sends a link. This is a big deal for me because it limits what I can do with email on my Titan. I sure hope we get the ability to attach any kind of file. There must be some technical reason for this.

Babu P

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I seriously want this functionality. How many of us trust a link saying please find my resume in the link. They may thing it's a spam. What the security problem or whatever the problem why it is hard to support this feature of attaching the file. I regret why I bought Windows now. Seriously I am feeling like selling my mobile. I didn't knew this facility is not there else I would have not bought this is in 1st place..

Babu P

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I seriously want this functionality. How many of us trust a link saying please find my resume in the link. They may thing it's a spam. What the security problem or whatever the problem why it is hard to support this feature of attaching the file. I regret why I bought Windows now. Seriously I am feeling like selling my mobile. I didn't knew this facility is not there else I would have not bought this is in 1st place..

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

What is with you dude. You are posting this same comment on every thread related to emails. Just post in respective thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12