We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have twice found that my HTC Arrive gets into a frozen state when the battery is removed. When replaced and turned on the initial HTC banner is displayed - and then stays there. I've waited a long time (10+ mins at one time) and it just doesn't progress. The phone is completely frozen - even the power button doesn't work.

My only resolution is to remove the battery again and restore to factory defaults (Volume Up/Down + power) - not a good solution. After doing this the phone works fine (except I have lost all my data and customisations!).

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Mark

Global Posts
    2,641 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are u powering down the device before removing the battery? not doing so may have corrupted the memory units inside, even PCs can have this happen if nit plugged into a surge protector. the other thing I can think of is maybe it is already defective as there are at least 2 or 3 in every bunch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    are u powering down the device before removing the battery? not doing so may have corrupted the memory units inside, even PCs can have this happen if nit plugged into a surge protector. the other thing I can think of is maybe it is already defective as there are at least 2 or 3 in every bunch.
    Yes, the only reason I have ever removed the battery is when I have had no choice. It does look like some storage corruption to me. Factor reset fixes the issue but this is the second time this has happened in two days so it's a real pain.

Thanks.

Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I am a Sprint employee and I've been using the Arrive for about a week now. What you described definitely should not be happening and to my knowledge this is not a known issue. You may just have a defective device so if the problem persists then I would take it to your nearest Sprint store and get it replaced. Good Luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drezzzzy View Post
    Hi, I am a Sprint employee and I've been using the Arrive for about a week now. What you described definitely should not be happening and to my knowledge this is not a known issue. You may just have a defective device so if the problem persists then I would take it to your nearest Sprint store and get it replaced. Good Luck.
    I did return the phone and have to say I was pleased with Sprint's response (no questions asked, immediate swap for anothet phone and - incidentally - $160 in trade-in for our four HTC Hero's). Pretty pleased with the response to be honest.

My new Arrive has worked flawlessly since.

Thank.

Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markwill View Post
    I did return the phone and have to say I was pleased with Sprint's response (no questions asked, immediate swap for anothet phone and - incidentally - $160 in trade-in for our four HTC Hero's). Pretty pleased with the response to be honest.

My new Arrive has worked flawlessly since.

Thank.

Mark
    Wow sounds like some great customer service!! Hopefully that was just some bad luck with a faulty device. Thanks for your patience and thanks for the feedback!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have had phone since release and no issue until NOW!!! touchscreen is slow and unresponsive
    after I reset the phone the problem persisted. I also have not damaged the phone in any way. Will seek replacement, but i didnt get insurance. I came to sprint for this phone, so they better stand by their product.