Storage card not working

mtg1974

Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
I dropped my phone hard on the top right corner. Now when I turn it on I get a message that my storage card is not working. It says the card has changed, is damaged, or is non-compliant. It suggests that to fix it I should replace my card with a new compliant one. I bet the card just got knocked lose but since it's not user accessible I guess I'm headed to the Sprint store tomorrow.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Trying playing the ignorant card. (No pun intended.) Just tell them that you don't know what happened. They will likely have a service rep try to work on it. Try to get them to get you a replacement device. Honestly though, if they know better, they will ask you to to use your insurance.

Sent from my flippin' sweet Quantum using Board Express

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If they try to fix it see if they will show you what they are doing try to get a look at what the tech does and how he gets to the card.

Reactions: VernonEL

mtg1974

Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
It was funny, I had to show them how to take the battery cover off. Since they had no idea how to work on it they gave me a new one. Now I just have to figure out how to get my apps back on there.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It was funny, I had to show them how to take the battery cover off. Since they had no idea how to work on it they gave me a new one. Now I just have to figure out how to get my apps back on there.

There's a setting in the Zune software to automatically re-download all the apps you've purchased, but some have to be downloaded via the phone. Having improved Marketplace search on the Arrive should really help out.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
There's a setting in the Zune software to automatically re-download all the apps you've purchased, but some have to be downloaded via the phone. Having improved Marketplace search on the Arrive should really help out.

Curious, where is the setting in Zune to redownload all my apps. When I hard reset 2 weeks ago about 25 apps/games automatically installed. But I had to hunt and peck for another 100+ using my phone. Oh, btw for the apps I trialed and later purchased, the auto download installed the trial version in 8 out of 8 instances. Dumb, but at least consistent. Setting everything up on the phone, including Zune media sync, was less than an hour, but apps took another three.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I know if you go to Settings > Account > Purchase History it'll give you a list of all the apps you've downloaded. However it appears I was wrong about their being a download button. Apparently that only applies to the music/movies. Sorry. :(

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I know if you go to Settings > Account > Purchase History it'll give you a list of all the apps you've downloaded. However it appears I was wrong about their being a download button. Apparently that only applies to the music/movies. Sorry. :(

I don't have that on my Arrive

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I thought if you signed back in with your Window Live ID on the phone it would let you restore/redownload your paid apps.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I thought if you signed back in with your Window Live ID on the phone it would let you restore/redownload your paid apps.

Actually I believe that only applies to apps you purchased with your phone. I signed in with the same Windows Live ID and gave the phone the same name before syncing with Zune after my hard reset. Anything you purchased (free or $) using the Zune desktop does not auto download. Believe me, that would have been a lot easier than searching and downloading 100+ apps. Took me hours. And I still had to delete more than a half dozen apps that auto reinstalled that I previously deleted. Hope this gets easier.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Jimski, what happened to the eight apps that were in trial version upon re-download? Did thay end up switching to full versions later? You didn't have to repay for them I hope.

mtg1974

Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
What I've found is that you press "buy now" and it tells you that you've already bought it and asks if you want to install it again.l You choose yes and a few seconds later you're good to go.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Jimski, what happened to the eight apps that were in trial version upon re-download? Did thay end up switching to full versions later? You didn't have to repay for them I hope.

No, didn't have to repurchase anything. A couple hours after the apps were auto-installed I opened one and discovered the "trial version" restrictions. That's when I started checking and found several other trials. I keep track of all my purchases on a OneNote table but don't identify when I converted from trial/paid. I did list everything that auto-installed so I had to check in Zune which apps I had trialed then purchased. I could have gone into Marketplace and tapped Buy to convert trials to purchase (already paid), but I decided to delete trial/reinstall paid to have a clean install from the start. Still a PITA trying to track them down though. Didn't want to be surprised later with a trial restriction.

gunboatd

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
i know this is an older thread, but the same thing happened to me just now...

i restarted my phone and got a "memory card not working." notice. i went to pull the card and noticed it was already unplugged. i dropped the phone on a tiled floor a couple weeks back...perhaps it popped out then, but i can't imagine it would have been functionally normally like it had if the card had popped out a couple weeks ago.

i slid the card back into place, started the phone, and now it works.

very strange.

vijayashree

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: i know this is an older thread, but the same thing happened to me just now...

Hi my htc T mobile is not working for the reason of storage card not working

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3