Text message alert x2?

John745577

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed recently that when I receive a text message, whether vibrate is on or off, headset in or out, I will often get the alert to play twice. I tried all sorts of ways, seeing if I could get the issue to repeat under different circumstances. It seems to be totally random and not caused by anything.
I did notice that when I changed the alert away from Alert 05 (the one I've been using) it doesn't seem to repeat. This could just be a random occurrence or maybe it suggests an issue with Alert 05.

After using another alert for a few days, I've noticed that the new alert does not repeat, but instead, I get the old alert (05) playing over my current, updated alert. I thought at first that maybe I'd used alert 05 for some other sort of message, but this is not the case. Very weird.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

dullP3NC1L

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the exact same issue you are having with my Samsung Focus including the second part. I am on my second Focus and it happened with both of them. I'm guessing it could be and issue with NoDo and perhaps it will be fixed in Mango.

drunkard

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I have the same issue. I hear one alert that is the tone for an incoming SMS, and another tone after for the toast notification.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720