My Arrive #2 is on its way

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
This thread is to make a very sad announcement my first every WP7 phone and my first Arrive is doomed. I blew the speaker so I took it in to the Sprint Service Center where they gave me the very sad news that they did not have the parts necessary to fix my Arrive so I will be getting a new in the box Arrive some time in the middle of next week. I have a few more days with my original Arrive so I will have to make the best of things.

I think I have everything backed up well enough does anyone have any tips on how to properly back things up so I can restore things as close as possible to how I have it know?

Thanks,
:cool: Dave

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I have no idea it just started sounding odd a few days ago and got worse and worse till now its definitely blown. Funny thing is other than a few times playing a song or two and a couple of speaker phone calls I never use that speaker. I mostly just use that speaker for the ring tones and alarms. The places I work are loud so I keep the volume at 30 all the time but I would think the speaker should be able to handle that.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You will have to reinstall most of your apps (some my auto install when you sync with Zune the first time), but that's not a big deal. You can find a list in Zune/Settings/Account/Purchase History. It will lost all your paid and free apps.

You will need to manually sync all your media again, meaning that any songs, etc., previously synced will need to be reselected. Never you connect your new phone backup the folder My Documents/My Pictures/Zune. The new phone could possibly recreate these folders overwriting you photos. You can repopulate the folders after you are connected.

Aside from that, any data you added to any app all be lost unless the app backsip/syncs with SkyDrive or Zune. Really not that bad. I just had to reset three days ago.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
On my way to pick up my new Arrive the Sprint store called me earlier so I know its there ready for pickup. I just hope the new one is as solid built as this one is I mean besides the bad speaker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes