Non of the Weather Apps work on my Arrive!

thomasanderson

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I dont know what happened, but after the Microsoft weather app was released in the market neither Weatherbug, or The Weather Channel apps work for me at all. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I use weather channel app and its is working fine. What issues are you having? What Microsoft Weather app are you referring to?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I use weatherduck, and it works fine. When you say those apps don't work for you at all, do you mean they won't even open when you tap them?

Last edited:

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Weather Channel has worked for me without any issues. Is it just the live tile not updating. Do you always have data turned on. It needs to be on for the tile to update.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
He means the live tile. Mine rarely updates to. Both of em.

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
Which both. Weather Channel and Weather Duck both work using the "pull" method, usually updating every hour or so. They do not have any of the issues and limitations that other "push" apps have. And should work provided you have a data connection turned on 24/7. Weather Channel has been 99% reliable for me over the past 5 months.

World Weather and WeatherBug for sure use the "push" method for live tile updates, and are prone to the problems and limitations that all pushlive tiles has. But also, WeatherBug has a tendency to disconnect even when the push channel is working perfectly. So looks nice but unreliable. Your choice.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

naldonnis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the HTC weather hub. It said to allow location and I do. I live in Louisiana and it keeps telling me I live in Lewisburg PA. No idea why it won't update to my state or my location.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the HTC weather hub. It said to allow location and I do. I live in Louisiana and it keeps telling me I live in Lewisburg PA. No idea why it won't update to my state or my location.

Are you using an Airrave? These can cause this or it could be a problem with the cell tower in your area. The Arrive gets its location from the Cell connection try getting somewhere where you change cell towers. If that fixes it then call Sprint and tell them hopefully they can fix the tower,

Baka

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problems. Not a single weather app besides MS's works: Weatherduck, The Weather Channel, Weatherbug, Live Weather. None will open.

None of them had their live tiles working before except for maybe half a day after install.

Really annoying, until I realized that I never leave the office and the only weather I'm exposed to is: dark. lol =)

Still, this is a pretty major bug.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if this helps but on WebOS, TWC allows for ZIP code entry and not just GPS location...

So if that works, it's your GPS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb