HomeScreen jerky no smooth

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
I noticed with my wifes HTC Arive that on the home screen its very jerkey going scrolling up and down compaired to my Dell Venue Pro that is very smooth ..
almost like a screen problem ? anyone else have this issue.

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Mines smooth as eggs... Maybe a restart is needed? I know if I have tombstones a lot of apps it can get jerky, but coming from a bb to have a habit of ensuring I close out of apps all the way.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea I restarted her phone but its still jerky
and its only the home screen not the apps or anything else and she is not having any issues at all.

disposed

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea I restarted her phone but its still jerky
and its only the home screen not the apps or anything else and she is not having any issues at all.

Honestly it could be that a file thats part of the home screen is corrupt. Or somethings wrong with the SD card in the phone. I would exchange it if possible.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly it could be that a file thats part of the home screen is corrupt. Or somethings wrong with the SD card in the phone. I would exchange it if possible.
Or try a hard reset. I have 46 tiles, 10 of them live, and my Start screen is smooth as silk. If the reset does not work, then an exchange is justified.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

disposed

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Or try a hard reset. I have 46 tiles, 10 of them live, and my Start screen is smooth as silk. If the reset does not work, then an exchange is justified.

Whoops misread and thought he already tried that. Definitely try a hard reset and if that dont fix it exchange it.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, a hard reset (factory reset) wipes the phone, restoring to out of the box. If your device is unresponsive, each device has a combo of keys to press (vol up/down +power for Surround) but you should check your manual for specifics. If the device is responsive, go to Settings/About Phone/Reset (at bottom of screen) and tap Yes.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, a hard reset (factory reset) wipes the phone, restoring to out of the box. If your device is unresponsive, each device has a combo of keys to press (vol up/down +power for Surround) but you should check your manual for specifics. If the device is responsive, go to Settings/About Phone/Reset (at bottom of screen) and tap Yes.

One thing to make sure is to try to buy your apps through the Zune software. If you do this, it will automatically re-download software you've purchased. One less thing to worry about if you ever do have to do a hard reset.

That having been said, I still find myself buying/download apps directly through the phone.

disposed

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
One thing to make sure is to try to buy your apps through the Zune software. If you do this, it will automatically re-download software you've purchased. One less thing to worry about if you ever do have to do a hard reset.

That having been said, I still find myself buying/download apps directly through the phone.

Apps should sync both ways like the Zune HD. On that if you buy an app on the device next time you sync it adds it on the software.

It dont need to sync the actual app just show that you have purchased it on the device and sync up later if you need to wipe.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Apps should sync both ways like the Zune HD. On that if you buy an app on the device next time you sync it adds it on the software.

It dont need to sync the actual app just show that you have purchased it on the device and sync up later if you need to wipe.

I have not found this to be the case, and others have told me, at-least when switching devices, it will only auto sync apps that were purchases through the computer.

Is this different if it is the same phone, but after a hard reset? Because I honestly don't know, I just assumed it would be the same deal as above . . . but we know where assuming gets you.

disposed

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I have not found this to be the case, and others have told me, at-least when switching devices, it will only auto sync apps that were purchases through the computer.

Is this different if it is the same phone, but after a hard reset? Because I honestly don't know, I just assumed it would be the same deal as above . . . but we know where assuming gets you.

No, it dont work that way i was saying thats how it should work. It works this way for the zune but not for WP7 which sucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos