What phones did you have before you switched to the Arrive?

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
What phones did you have before you switched to the Arrive or any other WP7 device?

I'll start it off...

I'm coming from an Evo 4G, Evo Shift and Nexus S. Obviously all Android devices.

I like the speed of the WP7 phones, specifically the Arrive, is fast as **** with no lagginess. The apps is nice and appealing as compared to Android apps. The only app i miss from Android is the Facebook app. But overall, I like WP7 more than any device I've had.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Iphone4. the UI is much better on WP7. I do miss SimplyTweet and my banking app. But I'll live.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had the Evo, and the Bank of America is a lot better on the Arrive then it was on Android.

Last edited:

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the Evo, and the Bank o0f America is a lot better on the Arrive then it was on Android.

I have the bank of America app as well on my Arrive. I also used it on Android as well. One feature I noticed that the Android version has that WP7 doesn't have, is the ability to transfer money from one account to another. If that feature is on the WP7 version, I haven't found it yet. But I still like the app! =)

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Devilstar

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I came from a BlackBerry 8330m.. Great little phone.. 3 days big battery life even with a decent amount of data usage ( atleast an hour of Pandora daily)... But I am loving my arrive.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Okay here is where I've been

My device history. Casio A-10/Cassiopeia E-100/PPC6600/PPC6700/700wx/Moto Q/PPC6700/Mogul/Touch/Mogul/700wx/800w/Touch Pro/BB-8330/Touch Diamond/Palm Pre/Touch Pro/Touch Pro2/Samsung Intrepid/Touch Pro2/Treo Pro/HTC Hero/HTC EVO 4G/HTC EVO Shift/HTC Arrive

Long time HTC and Microsoft fan as you can tell but I have dabbled in every other OS accept Fruit Phone

PapiChulo74

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
My Arrive

Just got my Arrive yesterday. Can't wait to get everything up and running on it. This phone is so smooth. The OS is simple yet elegant. Responsivness, I can't think of another phone that is so slick. I am coming from the Sprint Palm Pre. It was a great little phone and she served her purpose well. But HP/Palm left all of us hanging and just took too long to get something new to market. And from the way it looks there isn't going to be anything on Sprint from HP anytime soon so it was time to make the switch. Not to mention the fact that HP is no longer creating updates for my Pre so it's basically done with any advancement. Can't wait for MANGO to hit. It's gonna kick butt. Am excited to be part of the WP7/wpcentral family now. :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I got my brother to uograte from a iPhone a few weeks back. He reported back with "I'm really loving this damn phone!" He has the HTC HD7

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Arrive yesterday. Can't wait to get everything up and running on it. This phone is so smooth. The OS is simple yet elegant. Responsivness, I can't think of another phone that is so slick. I am coming from the Sprint Palm Pre. It was a great little phone and she served her purpose well. But HP/Palm left all of us hanging and just took too long to get something new to market. And from the way it looks there isn't going to be anything on Sprint from HP anytime soon so it was time to make the switch. Not to mention the fact that HP is no longer creating updates for my Pre so it's basically done with any advancement. Can't wait for MANGO to hit. It's gonna kick butt. Am excited to be part of the WP7/wpcentral family now. :)

Welcome to the club WP7!

1jaxstate1 said:
I got my brother to upgrade from a iPhone a few weeks back. He reported back with "I'm really loving this damn phone!" He has the HTC HD7

Damn right it was an upgrade!

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the bank of America app as well on my Arrive. I also used it on Android as well. One feature I noticed that the Android version has that WP7 doesn't have, is the ability to transfer money from one account to another. If that feature is on the WP7 version, I haven't found it yet. But I still like the app! =)

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

You can transfer in the WP7 Bank of America app, just swipe to the left 2 times and you will see transfer.

kushkm

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I had a Samsung Moment, Palm Pre, and Blackberry Tour before getting the HTC Arrive, and this is my favorite phone. I have no complaints at the moment.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
HTC Diamond - Really grew to hate/love that phone. It sucked at being a phone/texting, but I had really awesome custom roms that made it amazing at everything else (wireless hot spot, other awesome/useful widgets).

and before that

Motorola Q - My favorite phone for texting.

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I most recently came from the EVO 4G to the Arrive. Planned on staying with the Arrive, but wound up giving it to the wife when her phone quit working. My smartphone history goes: Moment/EVO/Arrive/EVO. Before the Moment, I had the Instinct and Instinct s30. They both sucked.

I really wish they would bring a 4G version of the HD7S to Sprint. I'd be all over that. I'm getting tired of Android. It's just so boring now compared to WP7. The simplicity is very refreshing to me, plus I'm a Zune fanatic, so to me the Arrive's media playback is top notch, especially compared to the lame offerings on Android.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Treo800w
Palm Pre
Palm Pixi
Evo4G
back to Pixi
HTC Arrive

I should have just waited for the Arrive rather than jumping on the Evo. I fell for the hardware specs, but I should have waited to try out WinPho because I prefer the UI of WinPho to the widgets of Android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism