Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I'll start it off...

I'm coming from an Evo 4G, Evo Shift and Nexus S. Obviously all Android devices.

I like the speed of the WP7 phones, specifically the Arrive, is fast as **** with no lagginess. The apps is nice and appealing as compared to Android apps. The only app i miss from Android is the Facebook app. But overall, I like WP7 more than any device I've had.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Iphone4. the UI is much better on WP7. I do miss SimplyTweet and my banking app. But I'll live.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    1,606 Global Posts
    I had the Evo, and the Bank of America is a lot better on the Arrive then it was on Android.
    Last edited by kg4icg; 06-07-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    I had the Evo, and the Bank o0f America is a lot better on the Arrive then it was on Android.
    I have the bank of America app as well on my Arrive. I also used it on Android as well. One feature I noticed that the Android version has that WP7 doesn't have, is the ability to transfer money from one account to another. If that feature is on the WP7 version, I haven't found it yet. But I still like the app! =)

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    Iphone4. the UI is much better on WP7. I do miss SimplyTweet and my banking app. But I'll live.

I hope that the Facebook gets an update that adds the ability to chat.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I came from a BlackBerry 8330m.. Great little phone.. 3 days big battery life even with a decent amount of data usage ( atleast an hour of Pandora daily)... But I am loving my arrive.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I think the facebok and twitter apps both need a update. Soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by plmiller0905 View Post
    I hope that the Facebook gets an update that adds the ability to chat.

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    Okay here is where I've been

My device history. Casio A-10/Cassiopeia E-100/PPC6600/PPC6700/700wx/Moto Q/PPC6700/Mogul/Touch/Mogul/700wx/800w/Touch Pro/BB-8330/Touch Diamond/Palm Pre/Touch Pro/Touch Pro2/Samsung Intrepid/Touch Pro2/Treo Pro/HTC Hero/HTC EVO 4G/HTC EVO Shift/HTC Arrive

Long time HTC and Microsoft fan as you can tell but I have dabbled in every other OS accept Fruit Phone

Just got my Arrive yesterday. Can't wait to get everything up and running on it. This phone is so smooth. The OS is simple yet elegant. Responsivness, I can't think of another phone that is so slick. I am coming from the Sprint Palm Pre. It was a great little phone and she served her purpose well. But HP/Palm left all of us hanging and just took too long to get something new to market. And from the way it looks there isn't going to be anything on Sprint from HP anytime soon so it was time to make the switch. Not to mention the fact that HP is no longer creating updates for my Pre so it's basically done with any advancement. Can't wait for MANGO to hit. It's gonna kick ****. Am excited to be part of the WP7/wpcentral family now. :)

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I got my brother to uograte from a iPhone a few weeks back. He reported back with "I'm really loving this damn phone!" He has the HTC HD7

nyquistjack likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mexinsac View Post
    Just got my Arrive yesterday. Can't wait to get everything up and running on it. This phone is so smooth. The OS is simple yet elegant. Responsivness, I can't think of another phone that is so slick. I am coming from the Sprint Palm Pre. It was a great little phone and she served her purpose well. But HP/Palm left all of us hanging and just took too long to get something new to market. And from the way it looks there isn't going to be anything on Sprint from HP anytime soon so it was time to make the switch. Not to mention the fact that HP is no longer creating updates for my Pre so it's basically done with any advancement. Can't wait for MANGO to hit. It's gonna kick ****. Am excited to be part of the WP7/wpcentral family now. :)
    Welcome to the club WP7!

Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1
    I got my brother to upgrade from a iPhone a few weeks back. He reported back with "I'm really loving this damn phone!" He has the HTC HD7
    Damn right it was an upgrade!
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.

Global Posts
    1,606 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plmiller0905 View Post
    I have the bank of America app as well on my Arrive. I also used it on Android as well. One feature I noticed that the Android version has that WP7 doesn't have, is the ability to transfer money from one account to another. If that feature is on the WP7 version, I haven't found it yet. But I still like the app! =)

You can transfer in the WP7 Bank of America app, just swipe to the left 2 times and you will see transfer.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I had a Samsung Moment, Palm Pre, and Blackberry Tour before getting the HTC Arrive, and this is my favorite phone. I have no complaints at the moment.

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I guess I technically came from an Evo 4G, but I only had it for a few weeks. Before that, I was using the Verizon Touch Pro 2.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I had bberry bold and HTC hero.. Now, I'm loving my arrive!!

Sent from my HTC_Arrive using Board Express

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Last few years, Hero > Moment > Pre > Moment > Optimus S > Arrive

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    You can transfer in the WP7 Bank of America app, just swipe to the left 2 times and you will see transfer.
    Oh wow...thanks....I didn't even know that!

Thanks again

HTC Diamond - Really grew to hate/love that phone. It sucked at being a phone/texting, but I had really awesome custom roms that made it amazing at everything else (wireless hot spot, other awesome/useful widgets).

and before that

Motorola Q - My favorite phone for texting.

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I most recently came from the EVO 4G to the Arrive. Planned on staying with the Arrive, but wound up giving it to the wife when her phone quit working. My smartphone history goes: Moment/EVO/Arrive/EVO. Before the Moment, I had the Instinct and Instinct s30. They both sucked.

I really wish they would bring a 4G version of the HD7S to Sprint. I'd be all over that. I'm getting tired of Android. It's just so boring now compared to WP7. The simplicity is very refreshing to me, plus I'm a Zune fanatic, so to me the Arrive's media playback is top notch, especially compared to the lame offerings on Android.

Treo800w
    Palm Pre
    Palm Pixi
    Evo4G
    back to Pixi
    HTC Arrive

I should have just waited for the Arrive rather than jumping on the Evo. I fell for the hardware specs, but I should have waited to try out WinPho because I prefer the UI of WinPho to the widgets of Android.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    My list is way too long to post, so I'll just post my Sprint phones.
    BB Curve
    Palm Pre
    Treo 800w
    BB Curve 3G
    HTC Hero
    HTC Arrive

I love this phone, all I need is some multitasking and I'm set.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Palm Pre here, I def miss the just type feature!
    nyquistjack likes this.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I had the Palm Pre on Sprint before I found greener fields with the Arrive. I have to say I love everything about WP7. It does lack some functions as of now but they will be implemented in the Mango update. I HATE apple...long live Microsoft.

Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    Palm Handspring Visor with Digital Link (nerd alert) - Awesome for the novelty of everything. Suprisingly functional.
    Then a series of Sanyo flip phones - Never made it to the treo game
    Palm Centro - Nice phone body - screen was way too small
    Blackberry Curve 8350 - Fell in love with BB but this phone was way too laggy. I love the way that BB just gets out of your way - but its ugly.
    HTC Hero - Liked the build but the lag and Android's roughness was a turnoff.
    Blackberry Curve 8530 - Back to Blackberry :)
    My Beloved HTC Arrive (w00t) - This is the FIRST phone to every really resonate with me. I think I am here for the long haul as long as MS supports it. I pondered the Nexus 4G. But playing with them in the store proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Arrive was my next phone.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    • Nextel Motorola i60
    • Sanyo 8300 (switched to Sprint before the merger) - Loved this phone
    • Samsung A900 - Looked cool, otherwise meh
    • HTC Apache / 6700 - first smartphone, loved it. Still think it had the best keyboard I've ever used
    • HTC Mogul - loved how it looked, still think it's a very attractive phone. Slow and buggy, though.
    • HTC Touch Pro - was hypnotized by the five-row keyboard (and I came to love the TAB and CNTRL keys - I seriously used them all the time) but otherwise hated this device. Slow and frustrating, I had it for 18 months and swore I'd never go back to Windows Mobile.
    • HTC Evo 4G - What a breath of fresh air. Got this late May 2010 and it was love and first use. Everything was SO EASY to do compared to the Touch Pro. Very satisfied with Android. Even so, the love affair eventually wore off (I hated typing on the screen) and wanderlust kicked in, which brings us to:
    • HTC Arrive - Wanted something different and loved the look of the Metro UI. Sold my Evo for $300 and bought the Arrive for $400, so not a bad price considering I didn't have to renew my contract. So far I like it, but I don't love it. Still, I'm very pleased with the experience so far and am hopeful for the future. I love the keyboard for longer messages/emails. Battery life is at least double what I was getting with my Evo.

Will I stick with the Arrive? I dunno. A lot of nice devices coming this summer, but I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. I'm not anxious to go back to the UI/Launchers on Android (they are all flawed in my opinion) but I am seeing a lot of cool app implementations that are unavailable on Windows Phone (like Looxcie, DailyRoads Voyager, Qik, etc). I also still miss GTalk and Latitude (Flory just ain't cutting it). We'll see what happens!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast