Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

i head visual voice mail is only coming to some carriers with mango is this true?

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Yes. The carrier has to support it.

well who has the arrive with mango?! does it have visual voice mail?

No it does not, it is only working on my Dell not the arrive
    I wish it would and I thought it was a carrier thing as if its not supported on WP7 its not supported on any phone ?

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    The only carrier that supports it in the US right now is T-Mobile. Not even AT&T... which is odd for it being the "exclusive launch partner" and all

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    If you switch your voicemail to youmail you can get txt and/or emails everytime someone leaves you a message. if you search youmail in the market there is an app the supports it. Also if you buy premuim you can get the message transalted to txt.

Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    I've been using youmail for the last year and a half since my palm pre. Its a great visual voicemail app (MagicMail on WP Market Place). I get a lot of comments on my smart greating!

Just FYI. Even after Mango is rolled out... i'll still use youmail on my arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by jasqid View Post
    I've been using youmail for the last year and a half since my palm pre. Its a great visual voicemail app (MagicMail on WP Market Place). I get a lot of comments on my smart greating!

Just FYI. Even after Mango is rolled out... i'll still use youmail on my arrive.
    Another great feature of YouMail is that you can manage it over the web. So while I have been in Europe, I've been able to check my missed calls and voicemails and respond with emails as needed.

-R

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I just think it would be so neat if they jumped up Skype to be a real Google Voice competitor, feature for feature.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    deppends on carriers .. BELL here has the option for that , but not all the phone support it . ( evan the new once )
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    1,571 Global Posts
    Sprint has and is still supporting Visual Voice Mail ever since the Samsung Instinct came out. Doesn't charge you extra either.

It did? I had a instinct I dont remember that lol but if it does then my arrive should get it next month when mango comes?

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DontHate707 View Post
    It did? I had a instinct I dont remember that lol but if it does then my arrive should get it next month when mango comes?
    I don't see why it would. T-Mobile phones have it now with Mango and Arrives with Mango don't have it now. Maybe Sprint will be kind enough to enable it but I doubt it. They would probably rather you switched to Google Voice.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    Sprint has and is still supporting Visual Voice Mail ever since the Samsung Instinct came out. Doesn't charge you extra either.
    But not for the Arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by icthusman1 View Post
    I don't see why it would. T-Mobile phones have it now with Mango and Arrives with Mango don't have it now. Maybe Sprint will be kind enough to enable it but I doubt it. They would probably rather you switched to Google Voice.
    I agree. Unfortunately, Google Voice really works seamlessly only with Android. I tried GoVoice, and it worked well at first, but it became glitchy and unreliable. For something like voicemail, unreliable is the same as useless.

I am using YouMail (aka MagikMail) and regardless if visual voicemail comes to the Arrive or not, I'm not leaving. Unless the addition of visual voicemail brings the feature set that Youmail does, It makes no sense to even consider it.

If you are not familiar with YouMail (MagikMail) please educate yourself on all that it does.

**First post on this forum. Hello fellow Arrivers!

So with mango looming is it any more clear why some providers don't support WP's version, what makes it different from how it is implemented in android? Anyone know?

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I just upgraded to Mango, and unless i'm missing something... I don't see Visual Voicemail. I'm pretty pissed off about it to be honest.

The default Voicemail is so ancient (waiting forever for the automated voice to tell you when you received the call etc etc).

I just want either a good Google Voice client, or Visual Voicemail baked in... Something that just works.

Only AT&T will be getting it as of right now.

yea that's kinda lame, hopefully it just needs to be "turned on" whatever that means.......honestly I was really looking forward to not having to listen to that system again

yea that's kinda lame, hopefully it just needs to be "turned on" whatever that means.......honestly I was really looking forward to not having to listen to that system again