will visual voice mail come to the arrive with mango

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
No it does not, it is only working on my Dell not the arrive
I wish it would and I thought it was a carrier thing as if its not supported on WP7 its not supported on any phone ?

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The only carrier that supports it in the US right now is T-Mobile. Not even AT&T... which is odd for it being the "exclusive launch partner" and all

starsoccer9

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
If you switch your voicemail to youmail you can get txt and/or emails everytime someone leaves you a message. if you search youmail in the market there is an app the supports it. Also if you buy premuim you can get the message transalted to txt.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been using youmail for the last year and a half since my palm pre. Its a great visual voicemail app (MagicMail on WP Market Place). I get a lot of comments on my smart greating!

Just FYI. Even after Mango is rolled out... i'll still use youmail on my arrive.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been using youmail for the last year and a half since my palm pre. Its a great visual voicemail app (MagicMail on WP Market Place). I get a lot of comments on my smart greating!

Just FYI. Even after Mango is rolled out... i'll still use youmail on my arrive.

Another great feature of YouMail is that you can manage it over the web. So while I have been in Europe, I've been able to check my missed calls and voicemails and respond with emails as needed.

-R

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I just think it would be so neat if they jumped up Skype to be a real Google Voice competitor, feature for feature.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has and is still supporting Visual Voice Mail ever since the Samsung Instinct came out. Doesn't charge you extra either.

icthusman1

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
It did? I had a instinct I dont remember that lol but if it does then my arrive should get it next month when mango comes?

I don't see why it would. T-Mobile phones have it now with Mango and Arrives with Mango don't have it now. Maybe Sprint will be kind enough to enable it but I doubt it. They would probably rather you switched to Google Voice.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why it would. T-Mobile phones have it now with Mango and Arrives with Mango don't have it now. Maybe Sprint will be kind enough to enable it but I doubt it. They would probably rather you switched to Google Voice.

I agree. Unfortunately, Google Voice really works seamlessly only with Android. I tried GoVoice, and it worked well at first, but it became glitchy and unreliable. For something like voicemail, unreliable is the same as useless.

MrWet

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
YouMail is the way to go.

I am using YouMail (aka MagikMail) and regardless if visual voicemail comes to the Arrive or not, I'm not leaving. Unless the addition of visual voicemail brings the feature set that Youmail does, It makes no sense to even consider it.

If you are not familiar with YouMail (MagikMail) please educate yourself on all that it does.

**First post on this forum. Hello fellow Arrivers!

MadGaffler

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So with mango looming is it any more clear why some providers don't support WP's version, what makes it different from how it is implemented in android? Anyone know?

Ryan32

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to Mango, and unless i'm missing something... I don't see Visual Voicemail. I'm pretty pissed off about it to be honest.

The default Voicemail is so ancient (waiting forever for the automated voice to tell you when you received the call etc etc).

I just want either a good Google Voice client, or Visual Voicemail baked in... Something that just works.

MadGaffler

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
yea that's kinda lame, hopefully it just needs to be "turned on" whatever that means.......honestly I was really looking forward to not having to listen to that system again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros