Battery issue with Arrive running Mango??

John745577

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I noted that by default, after updating to Mango, Bluetooth is turned on. I realized this and switched it off, and noticed an immediate change in battery life.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
A hard reset did the trick for quite a few of us. It actually gave me a great opportunity to clear out a lot of accumulated garbage and start fresh.

phaboman

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
That has worked for me for a short while. I reset it twice, and twice after a day or two the battery went kapoot on me again. I have a stronger hunch as to what's causing it, but need more time for some trial/error to confirm.

Wondering now if I should reset again or just wait it out. Seems like battery magically recovers after a few days for some folks.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it just me but I don't expect great battery life from my phone(or any smartphone) considering how much I use it....all the live tiles, emails, etc.....if I can get through a half day without my phone dying I'm cool

MastrMeatWad

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, not sure what to think. It seems playing xbox live games kills my battery much faster than using other applications. I now bring a charger with me, lol.

AlexanderMatthews

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I made the jump to an iphone for Sprint, but believe it or not I'm missing the Windows OS...plus the physical keyboard. Didn't use it very much, but still liked having that option. Might be going back, but I hear Sprint isn't giving the Arrive much love or even really carrying them anymore. What's the deal?

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I made the jump to an iphone for Sprint, but believe it or not I'm missing the Windows OS...plus the physical keyboard. Didn't use it very much, but still liked having that option. Might be going back, but I hear Sprint isn't giving the Arrive much love or even really carrying them anymore. What's the deal?

Probably waiting for LTE support like everyone else.

AlexanderMatthews

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but it's going to be quite sometime before Sprint actually gets some LTE towers up everywhere. I mean there is rumor that Sprint is going to unveil 3 new WP7 devices at CES this year, which I actually hope they do. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the Nokia Lumia. Nice looking device. Otherwise I think they shouldn't be shoving the Arrive aside so suddenly.

luniticlizard

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I get poor battery performance at work, but I also get poor signal. On my days off, I can watch a 22 minute show, play some games, and all the other fun stuff and still have fifty percent bat life after a 10-12 hour day.

bmbriefs

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I also have gotten poor battery life since mango. Battery used to last all day with heavy use, now I need to recharge in the afternoon. Battery saver seems to get things close to pre-mango days. I uninstalled most of my apps, but battery still sucks without saver turned on.

Anyone figure out a fix?

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine was running the developer beta for Mango. Not sure if that had any relevance to my slight dip in battery performance after it was upgraded to the RTM of Mango. I ended up doing reverting back to NoDo and going straight to Mango.

Sucked in losing all that info though. Not sure if that really did anything as I just recently learned that the tower in my area was actually having problems and took about two months to fix. After that my battery standby, at least, has risen from NoDo and the developer preview.

So, I'd suggest calling Sprint first and ask them if there's anything going on with your tower. If not, determine if your battery usage might be a contributing factor. Li-Ion batteries shouldn't be drained to 0% because that goes through the cycles faster and could potentially negatively affect the discharge rate.

If that's all good I suppose you could try doing a hard reset. I remember reading some posts in this subforum where it worked for people.

venom5150

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
alxander, I got the iphone4s about a month ago as a gift from my wife (She know I like gadgets, etc) And I had the iphone connected for a couple weeks to try to give it a fair shot and I went back to the Arrive. So I know what you mean. iPhone is great and if Sprint did not have a Windows Phone, iPhone would be my phone of choice. I can still use the iPhone via Wi-Fi for apps MS marketplace dosent have but that will be its primary function.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz