Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Hi I updated to mango using the force method and my phones been fine but lately I cant seem to ever receive MMS. I get a MMS and basiclly it says click here to get media. So I click here and it doesnt do anything all it does is move it to the bottom of the thread as if I just receieved it. This has happened 2 times to me from 2 difernt people using differnt phones. So far MMS has worked once from me. Has anybody also encountered this problem and any fixs or ideas to try

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    is your cell data on? I use wifi-only but have to turn cell data on to receive media through MMS. I get that message otherwise.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I checked my data connection is on still didnt work. I tried turning my wifi on and connecting and it still didnt work

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    I am having the same issue

I'm having the exact opposite issue.....I tried sending my brother a pic yesterday and it failed.... related perhaps?

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Possibly but It could of just been your location and not having a data connection possibly. I would try again and make sure you have data connection

it was at home and I have a good signal there...so it must be something else for me....probably a reset is needed..(ugh)....

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Yea reseting sucks but its not as bad as it used to be. with the whole online marketplace it tells you every app you have ever downloaded so its not too hard to reinstall them all. And Im hoping I dont have to reset mine to fix this stupid MMS thing. Quick question though. Did you force the Update? Im thinking it might be that

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    my MMS started working today, no troubleshooting or anything, just got one to show up, so I went back to the one from yesterday and it came up too

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    thats weird. I tried again and still not working. Lucky lol. Whats weird though is that 2 people's didnt worked but one persons did. Could it be the phone and how its sending it maybe?

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    mine are back off again today

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Thats really weird and doesnt make any sense at all. Did u recently uninstall a program or change a setting?

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    I haven't changed anything, but when I got home it allowed me to get the MMS. I have wifi at home, so it seems like there is a setting somewhere that's only allowing it via MMS. I'll have to look into it a little deeper.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I tried that. I connected to wifi and then tried and still didnt work. Weird!

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    So I'm having an issue with sending MMS. I've noticed that restarting the phone (Not a hard reset, just turning it off and on) will resolve the issue temporarily. Annoying and certainly needs a fix, but at least there's a temporary workaround.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I will try that out and post if it works

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    the power on/off trick worked for me

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Worked for me too weird right

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have the same issue on my Arrive as well. I did force update to mango, so maybe it's related somehow? but the work around for me is turning on airplane mode, wait a few seconds and turn it off. this has worked for me everytime. sounds like it's a data connection issue. This method is easier than having to re-boot your phone.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    this definitely has something to do with WiFi, I started having the issue a couple days ago on my Radar, it just wont receive or send mms while I'm connected. Turning off the wifi seems to do the trick.

Global Posts
    516 Global Posts
    Definitely strange. I know I've tried to retreive this MMS while using data only while away from the house but to no avail. I use WI-FI at the house, have to put it in airplane mode while at work, but all radios are on while traveling and other places. I've trid multiple times to retreive that MMS but all that happened was the message quote jiggled when tapped. No message failed to download error, no yellow failure triangle, no roaming data error nothing! Just tried again at home - after turning OFF Wi-Fi - I have a Sprint Air rave so get full signal now at the house - and in a second the MMS was visible!

Maybe the MMS didn't transfer because there wasn't ENOUGH cell signal in other places? Dont get many MMS, but will try to remember to check signal strength next time.Thanks Coffee!
    A Palm Pre Refugee giving my HTC Arrive a pat on the back- cuz it's choking!
    ("Forgewizard" in PreCentral)

Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    i definitely think it could be signal related, I almost never have the problem at home, but it has happened at home, just not as much as at work or at a store...

but... overall it has been happening less lately

Defiantly signal related. Its next to impossible for me to send a mms on at&t edge.

Sent from something somewhere!
    Sent from Something Somwhere

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I am on Verizon and have the same issue when I am in a low signal area. Works fine once I get 2 to 3 bars.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Love the wp arrive and love sending mms pics with no problem at all receiving and sending it. I know what causing all your issues why you dont receive mms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast