Has mango fully rolled out on sprint?

patricksmangan

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
My family members with the arrive have not gotton mango yet, and their phone's say that there is no update available. It looks like everyone in the forums has the official mango all ready. I was wondering when I can expect the update to land on their phone's, cause i'll be the one who'll have to do the updates for them.

Starlifter

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an Arrive on sprint and haven't gotten the update yet, either. You'd think after three weeks it should pretty much have been rolled out 100%, but I'm still waiting along with you...

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I rolled back to NoDo, and then installed 7392. It then said I was up to date, but I had already had Mango update notification pushed to my phone prior to restoring to NoDo, so I knew that wasn't true. After letting 7392 install, I hard reset my phone, and when the phone turned back on I immediately plugged it back into Zune (without setting up the phone and going through the initial phases). When I did this, it prompted me for 7403 and updated to Mango from there....

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
As jrdatrackstar said, Microsoft is pushing the update out. Sprint has certified the update and Microsoft is controlling the rollout in a controlled fashion. I received my Mango update on day 1 and, aside from a few bugs that I didn't experience in the Dev Beta 2, it works very well. Just have to be patient for MS to push the update bits to your devices.

Of course, there is the way to trick it to update. :)

techygeek82

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Judging by news stories and a Windows Phone blog post, all phones that have passed carrier testing should be getting their updates. You may have to force it by telling Zune to check for phone updates (with phone connected of course).

omi205

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Force Update to Mango

I am not sure but a while back, no more then 3 weeks, there was a post on how to force the Mango update through Zune. I don't know if its the Beta or not but it works just great and under settings>about it says Software: Windows Phone 7.5. If you go into "more" it says OS version 7.10.7720.68. This is for the Arrive on Sprint.

I am pretty sure its the official release or at least the release that us Sprinters will eventually get when Microsoft finds the time, lol.

Forcing the Mango update couldn't be simpler. When you plug your phone into your computer, and Zune recognizes the device, go into settings and search for an update. It will tell you that there are none for your device (if you have the Arrive that is). Now do the same thing but right after it begins searching for an update (after clicking search) unplug the phone from the computer. Zune will continue to search acting as if your phone is plugged in. Little does it now that it has been unplugged. Because the phone is unplugged Zune will not recognize any of the registry codes that tell it what phone/device is trying to be updated...thus Zune will skip that part and notify you of the Mango 7.5 update. Once you get that screen plug your Arrive back in and follow the steps. Its that easy. If it doesn't work the first time try it again and again. It worked on my second try. The update will take about 30-60 minutes. But its worth it.

If you all know this and are waiting for the official release than I am truly sorry for wasting your time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb