Speaker issues??

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
So I am on my 5th different Arrive. I have issues were the speaker blows after a few weeks.I am guessing its from work due to working with steel all day and flakes of steel, but I haven't had this issue with any other phone, HTC, Samsung, Blackberry and I was curious if anyone else ran into this problem? I even bought a replacement speaker from Repairs universe, replaced it myself and a month later..... It's blown.. WTF! I barely use the speaker but it's rather embarrassing if i do!

Reactions: steve70

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Wow! crazy to read this post. Before I left Sprint I had this same issue. I had to have the speaker on my Arrive replaced as well, blown too. I've had a Mogul/TP/ and TP2 with no issues. The guy at my local store was really cool and switched it out same day w/a speaker from the HTC Hero. Once he broke the phone down, he asked me what I did for a living because my phone was full of metal shavings. (I work in the home improvement industry so wood should have been the expected culprit) but then I remembered stripping my bike frame welds ect. with a grinding wheel. Guess the Arrive does not like metal?

Last edited:

justwar88

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I thought I was the only one! Any issues with the Titans speaker?? I too am getting ready to switch to att in the coming months and im looking at the Titan 2 or the Lumia... I think this has kind of turned me off to HTC though.. Love the phone but I cant stand the speaker problem

steve70

May 25, 2011
Visit site
No issues with the Titan yet. Seems to be as sturdy as all my previous HTC devices. The 1 speaker issue on the Arrive has been my only repair ever. The best improvement is volume. A definite increase. I can actually hear my ringer now.

Sent from my TiTaN WP7 using Board Express

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I also had a blown speaker in my Arrive. I'm guessing it comes from having the volume set to max for headphones or the car fm modulator output then texting. Those loud clicks can't be good for it.

johnmcd348

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
is it the speaker that produces sound when listening to music and such or Speaker phone or is it the speaker portion that is used when you are holding and using it like a regular phone against your ear? I've noticed a crackling sound when using it as a regular phone but when I listen to PodCasts/msusic over the external sound speaker, I don't get the crackling sound. I don't hear it either when using ear buds, only when talking/listnening to voice mail using the ear piece.

Groover1971

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the "blown speaker" problem too. I took it in and they replaced it. Now it sounds great. Interestingly, I also work around a lot of aluminum metal shavings. Maybe there is something to that.

MadVixen

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Thread is pretty old but nevertheless...

Just in case someone comes across this in the future looking for answers.

What the issue is, is that the external speaker's magnetism picks up the metal shavings through the holes to the speaker and distorts the sound.

Best solution once this occurs is to just use a magnet to pull the shavings out and it'll bring it right back. Just be careful not to touch the speaker with it.

To prevent it: my best attempt has just been to put some masking tape over the speaker. It muffles the sound a bit but stops the shavings from getting through.

Hope this helps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12