Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Is anyone else experiencing major problems with the Arrive's touchscreen? The screen on my Arrive suddenly becomes unresponsive several times a day and the only way for me to get it working again is to lock the phone and then unlock it, only for it to become unresponsive once again just seconds later. I've gone to Sprint and they told me there was nothing they could do. I've only had this phone since October and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Is there anyone out there who knows of a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by samwellg View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing major problems with the Arrive's touchscreen? The screen on my Arrive suddenly becomes unresponsive several times a day and the only way for me to get it working again is to lock the phone and then unlock it, only for it to become unresponsive once again just seconds later. I've gone to Sprint and they told me there was nothing they could do. I've only had this phone since October and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Is there anyone out there who knows of a solution?
    That's a problem I've never seen on the Arrive. Should still be under warranty with HTC so call them up and initiate a warranty repair. Good luck!
    dumb phone > Palm Pre > Palm Pre+ > HTC Arrive> HTC EVO LTE > No more Windows Phones until WP gets Swype.

I am having the exact same problem. VERY frustrating! We have three Arrives in our family and mine is the only one with a problem (although I've had mine about 6 months longer than the others). I too went to Sprint and they kindly reset my phone back to factory defaults, this didn't fix the problem. At the time I was only a few weeks out from upgrade eligibility and the other option was to pay $30 for a replacement phone. Now, I'm eligible for upgrade but am trying to hold out until WP8 models come out.

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Have you guys updated to 8107? I still use my Arrive as an "ipod touch" and I have had it since day 1. The update solved some touch problems. Good luck.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itsall4tay View Post
    Have you guys updated to 8107? I still use my Arrive as an "ipod touch" and I have had it since day 1. The update solved some touch problems. Good luck.
    official update?

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    This is something I have been experiencing off and on when charging for the most part. it's yet to do it when I am not charging the phone though.

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with mine and eventually the screen stopped working all together, when I talked to the person at the sprint store they said it is fairly common for the touchscreens to just go bad, Im not sure I believe that or not but I ended up buying a used one on ebay to replace my dead one.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I had the same problem (along with many others) with my Arrive. I ended taking it back to Sprint and after about 6 months of arguing with them about it, they finally took it back and looked at it. It ended up that my Chip was only working at half power and that was causing my phone to work very slowly and have my screen lock up on me. In other words i got a Lemon and they replaced it for me.

Hope this helps and the best of luck to you! I know how annoying it is....