work without service?

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to Sprint's hatred of WP7&8, I think I will be leaving....... will my Arrive be useable after I shut off service? I mean I know I cant text or call on it, but will it work like a Zune still?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to Sprint's hatred of WP7&8, I think I will be leaving....... will my Arrive be useable after I shut off service? I mean I know I cant text or call on it, but will it work like a Zune still?

It should be ok. Plus you should be able to use it with WiFi.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My 900 works fine with no service. Only issue I noticed, is that Crimson Dragon can't get a GPS location without a SIM card in the phone... Not sure if that's an issue with Crimson Dragon or the GPS is disabled without service?

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
My oldest son uses my arrive on wifi all the time and doesn't complain. He can still download apps and check email and such. I do the cab upgrades each time they come out to keep it up to date as much as possible.

pwrof3

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I have an Arrive that has never had Sprint service. It functions just like an iPod Touch. WiFi only, but you can still download all apps, play all the Xbox Live games, check e-mail, use Zune and sync your music with Zune, etc.

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
My 900 works fine with no service. Only issue I noticed, is that Crimson Dragon can't get a GPS location without a SIM card in the phone... Not sure if that's an issue with Crimson Dragon or the GPS is disabled without service?

I realize this is an old thread, but this won't be an issue with the Arrive. It's CDMA so there is no sim card to remove. I've never seen a device get GPS disabled with sim cards removed. But if the game isn't using actual gps, but rather "network location / coarse" it could be an issue there. Again a cdma device won't be affected, as it can still "see" the towers, it's just not allowed to send calls (except 911) or text across them.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I realize this is an old thread, but this won't be an issue with the Arrive. It's CDMA so there is no sim card to remove. I've never seen a device get GPS disabled with sim cards removed. But if the game isn't using actual gps, but rather "network location / coarse" it could be an issue there. Again a cdma device won't be affected, as it can still "see" the towers, it's just not allowed to send calls (except 911) or text across them.

Yeah, IDK if there was a Crimson Dragon update or what, but CD now seems to get a GPS location on my 900 without a SIM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb