No signal, means no data connection?

jeff4L

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Do I need signal in order to use data connection? Because I was an area that had signal come in and out and I tried using IE but it wouldn't connect.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Do I need signal in order to use data connection? Because I was an area that had signal come in and out and I tried using IE but it wouldn't connect.

Well you need to make sure it shows 3G or E to be sure that there is a data connection. If not, then for the most part there's no connection, and no connection means no internet. So yeah you got that one all on your own champ! Lol

jeff4L

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I know I need the 3G or E to show but is it correlated to my bars. By that I mean, do I need bars to get data connection (3G/E)?

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
The bars are related to the signal strength, whether it is 4G, 3G, E, or plain voice signal. No bars means no signal of any kind be it data or otherwise.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Aww what a bummer! I always thought they were on separate connections or something :p Is there a way around, or not?

oh absolutely not the bars need to be there or there is no signal whatsoever the bars is the flow of data to the device, while the 3G, E or G is what type of data is getting to it. if there is no icon next to the bars then all you have is voice capababilities and no data.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
On a related note, my two favorite Voice Commands used to be; What is my battery level?And, what is my signal strength? Don't know why they left those out of TellMe.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3