buying hd7

Asolitaryape

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi
Should I get the hd7 or wait for the next generation of windows phones that are going to come out , ie nokia and so on , because the hardware on the hd7 is quite dated ,
right?
Thanks for reply's

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I dont think you will see anything much different until next year after mango has been released. If you want to get one now go ahead, or wait until the fall when the next phones come out. As far as specs though I don't think you will see anything that spectacular just yet.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If you live in Puerto Rico I wouldn't recommend getting an HD7. Apparently there's an issue that doesn't let you download apps or use the web so everybody end up returning their devices and T-mobile took the phone out of display and remove all the media and promotion of it.

They seem to be really pissed with the device as the girl actually look me wrong for asking for it.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Also, speaking realistically; dont expect hardware specs to be on the frontline, ever. Microsoft knows how to write software, so they optimize it for a particular spec sheet that is precise. Like I have said in another post the requirements made by Microsoft are MINIMUM specs, but with those specs the OS will still run flawlessly, so OEMs more than likely really won't see the need to build phones any more powerful than the minimum. Look at the iPhone 4 it has a decent spec list but compared to Android it doesn't look so great and still performs much much better than Android, but that's because Google pushes for more CPU power because apparently they like to "whore" the OS meaning it would be practically impossible to get hardware acceleration and optimization requiring raw CPU power to handle everything its really a piss poor way of doing things but that's Android for you... As for the HD7 if you really want it, get it there won't be much of a difference between devices of wave 2 except the gyroscope support. People keep going on about front facing cameras but I doubt they're coming with mango and wave 2 devices, as they didn't announce anything about it at MIX. So really you won't be missing anything if you get a WP7 device right now. You could wait for wave 3 which might offer some new features that wave 1 and 2 won't have but you'd probably be waiting at least a year. So like I said before, if you want it, get it.

Enlil242

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm a new Windows Phone user here... I just picked an HD7 off ebay for around $300... Pretty cheap for a non-contract phone. This will tide me over until the next gen devices come out. Not sure what your situation is, but I definitely wouldn't sign a two-year contract.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm a new Windows Phone user here... I just picked an HD7 off ebay for around $300... Pretty cheap for a non-contract phone. This will tide me over until the next gen devices come out. Not sure what your situation is, but I definitely wouldn't sign a two-year contract.

Or buy a phone on contract now and get the next Gen partially discounted from your carrier. I go a Tilt2 from AT&T for 0.01, and 5 months later they sold me a Surround for $399. Sold the Tilt2 for $225 on eBay, so net/net no extra cost. And I didn't have to wait to buy a WP. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

pr0d1gy

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Like Jimski said you can usually recover your investment on your upgrade but if you want a Windows phone you won't be sad you got the HD7. My girlfriend and I have had ours for a couple of months now and we're both extremely happy with them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs