Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I am wondering if anyone has seen an H in HSPA+ locations? I know that the HD7 does not support HSPA+ blah, blah, blah, however the manual (page 16 to be exact) for the HD7 shows that an H will appear for HSPA connection. I am located in an HSPA+ area and have never seen an H so I was wondering if anyone else has even seen it? Just curious.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    I used the sideloaded app Advanced Configuration Tool to add the 3G+ icon to my Surround, and now occasionally my signal will change from 3G to 3G+ while walking around the house. The H is probably in there but simply not enabled. Who knows why.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502

I'm in Scotland and I get 'H' every time I'm in the city centre. O_O

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SinlessEarth View Post
    I am wondering if anyone has seen an H in HSPA+ locations? I know that the HD7 does not support HSPA+ blah, blah, blah, however the manual (page 16 to be exact) for the HD7 shows that an H will appear for HSPA connection. I am located in an HSPA+ area and have never seen an H so I was wondering if anyone else has even seen it? Just curious.
    Do you have a U.S. HD7 on T-Mobile? I think the U.S. version doesn't show the H. I know mine doesn't.

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Yes I have the US HD7 on tmo

As far as I know it can be dependant on the tower and network if it is transmitting H or 3G etc. Both are very similar to each other in terms of speed. For example my HD7 (in the UK) is currently showing H but at work it varies between 3G and 3G+

Forgot to add I also get 3G displayed as well as H when at home.
    Last edited by awarner; 05-20-2011 at 08:19 AM.

I also get 'h' on occasion and am in the UK. Doesn't seem to effect speed much.