HD7 Random Restarts

AtomicAgeZombie

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
In the past month or so, my phone has been randomly turning itself off and back on again. I'll hear/feel my phone vibrate, and then it shows the booting logos. Anyone else have this issue or have a resolution?

chnkfc

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
This has happened to me about 4times since i've owned my HD7(about 8-9months now). I didnt find a fix or bother calling Tmo or HTC. It rarely happens though so it doesnt bug me much,even though it shouldnt happen at all. I'm just going to wait till i can upgrade.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... Odd... I wonder what exactly this could be, I just experienced my first random reboot. It reminded me a lot of an Android low voltage reboot (custom ROMs) where a custom kernel is flashed to allow the CPU to function more "efficiently" by up clocking the CPU and keeping its voltage low which in turn uses less battery for its performed clock speed, however, there are times when things get too processor intensive too quickly and because the kernel is giving less power than usual, the processor sort of "short circuits" if you will, and the phone ends up rebooting. I'm not sure if that's what this is exactly, but given that performance has improved with the recent firmware update, HTC probably increased the clock speed and I may have experienced the "short circuit" that I just explained... Hmm... Who knows, I'm sure it'll be gone with mango though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb