Volume randomly turning up and down.

a box of fish

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what causes the problem, but every time I plug headphones in and listen to music via Zune the volume randomly goes up and down. Some times it will only go down a little bit but then drops all the way to 0. When that happens I try to put the volume up and it just doesn't want to go up it just keeps going back and fourth from 1 and 0.

They only solution I have is to unplug the headphones and then plug them in again, but it just happens again.

Also sometimes whilst I am listening to music it will randomly pause then play, this is not due to the headphones coming out because it happens when its in my hand or my pocket?

Any one else had these issues.

Note: this is not a Mango problem as this started before I got the update.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Had this problem on my Surround every time I plugged something into the headphone jack (speakers or phones). Then I did a hard reset (for a different reason) and the problem went away, both pre and post Mango. Either some app created the problem or the factory flash was messed from the start. A little painful, but worth te effort to get rid of a frustrating problem.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

francisco11

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with HTC 8x. When I plug in my head phones the volume goes all the way up or down. The voice commands also randomly goes off and I can cancel or go back to get rid of it.

TomasSeeber

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
It got fixed when I restored the date and time.
Same happened to me on my Lumia 635. Each time I plugged in the headset, the volume went all the way up or down, and it kept going that way when I tried to change it. Then I came here, saw there wasn't a solution, and remembered I had recently had my date and time changed.
So I changed it back and the problem disappeared.
Must be a particular code issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb