HTC HD7 T-Mobile US on AT&T question

jhkaplan

Sep 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi, my iPhone 4 on AT&T is about to kick the dust, and since I'm about 2 months away from contact renewal, I'm looking at picking u a phone on Craigslist. I've been an iOS user since the first iPhone came out, but picked up my friends Samsung Focus a few months ago, and I haven't been able to get windows phone 7 outta my head. I think I'm ready to make the switch (at least until the iPhone 5 comes out later in 2012).

So, I have an option to get a decently cheap HTC HD7 off of Craigslist. It's originally a tmobile phone that's been unlocked to use on AT&T. However, I'm not really sure if it will be able to use AT&T 3G or just edge. Can anyone confirm/deny? I know AT&T has their own version, but I won't be able to get it for at least 2 months, so I'd need a phone to hold me over until then.

Also, if I were to get a micro sim adapter, do you think I could switch back and forth between the hd7 and the iPhone on the same AT&T contract? If possible, I'd like to be able to use both, depending on mood.

Thanks for your answers and help! Looking forward to being a new member of the WP7 community!

mYth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
It will only run on EDGE.
iPhones use a different Data Plan (server?) than other phones, as does RIM. While i have switched between a iPhone and a Palm Pre 2 without any trouble that has only happened a coupe times, the other times I've had to call in and change it.

jhkaplan

Sep 24, 2006
Visit site
It will only run on EDGE.
iPhones use a different Data Plan (server?) than other phones, as does RIM. While i have switched between a iPhone and a Palm Pre 2 without any trouble that has only happened a coupe times, the other times I've had to call in and change it.
Ah ok thanks. That's too bad.

mYth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
If it helps at all I saw some cheap used Samsung focus' on eBay yesterday. Might have just been auctions though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12