Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    The wi-fi on this phone is horrid. I have been trying since yesterday to download the new Facebook update, it's 1 meg. After 5 attempts the phone resets the download progress to 0% and starts over. This has been a common issue since I have had this phone. I even went so far as to move to another network and set the phone on top of the router, same result. The xBox Live Companion to me 37 attempts at 5 attempts each to get. Is this phone broken or this is just a common issue with this handset?
    When all else fails empty the magazine...

Global Posts
    2,146 Global Posts
    I have yet to have any trouble with mine, whether it's WiFi or 3G.
    Lumia 635

Have you tested with another wifi router, just to rule out that the router might be the issue?

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    We have 3 routers here and it behaves the same on all 3.

This has been my biggest problem with WP since I have been using it: no way to download apps and install them from within the Zune software.
    Last edited by eastbayrae; 02-15-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Global Posts
    2,146 Global Posts
    Have you tried factory resetting your HD7?
    Lumia 635

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    Have you tried a battery pull?

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Neither. I will try them today.

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    After some more research I am not the only one having these issues. It seems the Wi-Fi and 3G in these phones was rubbish from the beginning. Oh well it only has to last me until the Lumia 910 is released. No more HTC for me.

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Finally Skype comes out and this turd of a phone can't download it because of the rubbish Wi-fi radio in it. It gets to 50%, fails, and starts over at 0%. The 910 can't get here soon enough. This is without a doubt the most frustrating thing about WP7: no way of downloading the app on a PC and sending it to the phone via USB.

Sounds like you have a dud HD7. Mine is rapid on Wifi AND 3G.
    Google - "Don't be evil. . . much!"

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    no problem for me. I just downloaded and installed it in under a minute (through my corporate wifi)

Deleted.
    Last edited by Bearach; 07-08-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    its not the phone , im pretty sure it has to do with the servers.

same thing happened to 90% of the people trying to get splinter cell last week:
    http://www.windowscentral.com/splint...ve-marketplace

unless YOUR phone is malfunctioning. why dont you just use ZUNE to get the app faster and easier.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I have the same problem. Before Mango my HD7 worked great. After Mango everything worked great but I had some problems with wifi and zune would freeze the phone when waking the screen. So now I have the update after that and the zune problem is fixed but my wifi mac address changes every once in a while and besides that the wifi does not work nearly as well as it used to. Sometimes it seems like it just doesnt want to load pages or anything. I've been holding out in hopes that they'd get a new 4.3 phone at T-Mobile but it just doesn't seem like that is going to happen.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I believe this is a marketplace issue I do t think its your phone/wifi issue. I had this problem twice today.

Sent from my T9295 using Board Express

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    The phone has other issues, namely the GPS will not link up 90% of the time.
    I have no problems with the GPS on my HD7, but it does seem that the WiFi and cellular radios do not play nice when they both are activated especially when in fringe reception areas for both of them. Other than that no problems with anything else.

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearach View Post
    Are all 3 routers the same? Have you tried any changes to the wireless settings on the router?

You can actually use Zune to install the application, you just click upon where it says price. Accept the permissions, and if you have phone plugged into your USB, it should start syncing to the phone. At least it did to mine. That's actually how I installed applications when I first got my phone.
    It doesn't work that way. I bought a game. It wouldn't download, as usual, so I tried getting from the Zune software. It says its already purchased and won't let me re-install it. I even went to the Windows Phone web site and did a re-install from there, again it fails 5 times and starts over downloading at 0%.
    Last edited by eastbayrae; 03-04-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    I have no problems with the GPS on my HD7, but it does seem that the WiFi and cellular radios do not play nice when they both are activated especially when in fringe reception areas for both of them. Other than that no problems with anything else.
    The GPS/Wi-fi has been horrid the entire time I have owned it. At first I thought it was because I was in Afghanistan. Going back the to states over the summer changed nothing. The GPS has so much drop out its useless for using as a satnav or for apps like runkeeper. I only have to deal with it until I get a Lumia 900, no more HTC junk for me.

other than weaker wifi signal compared to my other gadgets, HD7 wifi is working fine here...

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I un-installed an app just now. I then loaded up the Zune s/w on my laptop. I found the app on the marketplace. I tried purchasing it and it said it was already purchased. How do you get app's on this phone without using the near useless wi-fi on it? There is no cell service in this part of Afghanistan so using 3G is a no go. I had this very same issue with this phone in the states whenever I tried using the wi-fi or the GPS it would either run so slow it timed out or it plain wouldn't connect. I have a whole slew of app's I can't update due to the wi-fi in this phone being basically INOP.

You have to have something else going on, or just a random bad phone. While I think the antenna could be better, I have never had the issues you are talking about on my HD7s. Wifi works great, I play netflix all the time, surf the web every day, etc. on two to three separate wi-fi networks and have no trouble at all.

Nine times out of ten it is the router, or the channel, or something like that that is causing the issue and not the phone. Change the security, channel and such as a test. Then again, yours could be broken I guess.

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I do believe there is something going on with it and the marketplace in general. The worst wi-fi issues I generally experience with the marketplace. Surfing the net isn't to bad.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    My 3G works very well, and I frequently use it as a hotspot after the Mango update. I will concede, however, that I'm currently posting this via WiFi only after putting the phone in Airplane mode and then enabling WiFi. It seems my HD7 will prefer/defer to 3G unless forced otherwise. I'm a network engineer, so I've given this phone and its networking implementation a lot of slack, but can find no good/easy explanation for its routing protocol.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ^I use my HD7 *on* 3G as the hotspot..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast