Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but for over a week now, my HD7 has been acting up whilst I'm on a call. Every 10 seconds or so it will switch from 3GS to HSPA, putting the call on hold (not officially), and then resume. The service/reception in the area is 100% so there is zero issues there. I have also tried my sim in a different handset and there wasn't any problems...

Any ideas?

Thanks
    02-15-2012 06:29 AM
    Okay, dudes...

I'm all out of options so I'm thinking about going for a factory reset as my HD7 is effectively an iPod Touch now....

Before I do, is there anything I should do beforehand?

I'll make a list of my apps
    Music/photos/videos are backed up via Zune
    Contacts are stored via Hotmail

Anything I'm missing?
    02-15-2012 11:52 AM
    Poor Big Supes, losing all your game saves is the worst thing I think. :(

Wish you well with curing your problem. :)
    02-15-2012 12:08 PM
    Yeah, that's a bugger, although I actually wouldn't mind going through geoDefense again.

Thanks, Weebear. I've been quite lucky so far. This is the only problem I've had in the last 15 months.
    02-15-2012 12:19 PM
    Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but for over a week now, my HD7 has been acting up whilst I'm on a call. Every 10 seconds or so it will switch from 3GS to HSPA, putting the call on hold (not officially), and then resume. The service/reception in the area is 100% so there is zero issues there. I have also tried my sim in a different handset and there wasn't any problems...

Any ideas?

Thanks
    The HD7 shouldnt go any higher than 3G. Mine used to come up 2G where I lived and drop to G on calls. The HD7 can browse the web on 3G and phone calls at the same time. Sounds like a hard reset might be a good choice, or recover a back up from zune.
    02-15-2012 05:10 PM
    The HD7 shouldnt go any higher than 3G. Mine used to come up 2G where I lived and drop to G on calls. The HD7 can browse the web on 3G and phone calls at the same time. Sounds like a hard reset might be a good choice, or recover a back up from zune.
    Sounds like a plan. I'm actually waiting it out at the moment - hoping it'll just go away. If not, Zune recovery will be my first port of call. :)
    02-15-2012 06:55 PM
    Have you tried manually setting your service choice in the cellular options? I know when I had the problem I manually set it to Tmobile from automatic and it helped. Not good to do when traveling because it wont roam. That may help you when at a specific location.
    02-15-2012 09:31 PM
    Yeah, I did try that. Unfortunately, it didn't make a difference. Also, O2 said the coverage in my area was very good. :(
    02-16-2012 06:11 AM
    Are you still experiencing this problem? I am having the same problem on my Nokia 710, it's irritating because i can't do anything online with it right now unless it's on wifi. the constant switching just messes any app that uses data.
    05-11-2013 12:55 PM
    Are you still experiencing this problem? I am having the same problem on my Nokia 710, it's irritating because i can't do anything online with it right now unless it's on wifi. the constant switching just messes any app that uses data.
    You might want to try Nokia Network Setup app.
    05-11-2013 01:06 PM
    You might want to try Nokia Network Setup app.
    Thanks but now it seems I'm having another problem... My phone is no longer recognized as being a Nokia phone on the Marketplace so I'm missing the Nokia collection option. Manually finding this or any Nokia app and trying to install it just gives me a error that it's not available for my phone... Trying to restore from a backup atm to see if that helps.

This problem didn't happen because of Nokia Network Setup - I couldn't get it installed in the first place because of this new problem.
    Last edited by Mahloot; 05-11-2013 at 03:40 PM.
    05-11-2013 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";