Help my camera doesn't work!!

kiddj55

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Hd7 from day one and it recently has been acting up. If I try to launch the camera sometimes it opens up and closes and goes right back to the start screen. But there are times when it stays open but it only shows a black screen and I can't change the settings or change it to video record. I have tried to use 3rd party apps but they launch the camera and then it freezes my phone and restarts it! I've resetted soo many times and im very reluctant to do a hard reset please help!!

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings, swipe left to applications, click on pictures + camera, scroll down and click on Reset Camera. Hope it helps.

Dannay

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
This problem just started for me today, yesterday camera fine, now i try load it up today and it takes ages to load (shows a blank screen) then once loaded it shows all the normal camera stuff just with a blank screen and when i try take a pic the autofocus rectangle just flashes for ages :/ i don't get whats happened :(

has anyone managed to get it working? i hate being without a camera and wanted to wait a few months after wp8 was realised to get one :(

Last edited:

corbin27

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I had this exact same issue with my HD7 camera. The fix was to lay to the phone on a flat hard surface and gently press on the camera until it snapped back into place.

corbin27

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I only had to do it one time. From the other forums I read about the issue, the camera can just wiggle loose from the main board. I had phone 18 months before it happened, once I snapped it back in place it was fine.

I laid the phone face down on my desk and put my thumb on the camera and pushed until I heard it snap back into place.

schlubadub

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you have at least 1.5 GB of space free on your phone... mine starts going crazy if it doesn't (random lag issues etc), including freezing when I launch the camera and refusing to take video footage

Bernard Nyantakye

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
i have a very powerful phone camera but i cant use it to take picks .anytime i try opening the camera ,it quickly opens with a black screen and goes back to the touch screen

EinsteinW

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have managed to find a solution although I think Microsoft should pick this up and fix it. The problem seems to be on the software for the camera which comes with the phone. For Microsoft this kind of issue should not come up and should be picked up and resolved immediately.

Solution: Download another one of many camera apps in the store. I downloaded 'Fhotoroom' which had the most reviews and a rating of 4* but you can make your own choice if you want.

Einstein...
"This is life, that is a dream"

Elina Gurung

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Hd7 from day one and it recently has been acting up. If I try to launch the camera sometimes it opens up and closes and goes right back to the start screen. But there are times when it stays open but it only shows a black screen and I can't change the settings or change it to video record. I have tried to use 3rd party apps but they launch the camera and then it freezes my phone and restarts it! I've resetted soo many times and im very reluctant to do a hard reset please help!!

LU920

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I have got the same problem,but after when set my phone time and date to a wright.It started to work.(in my opinion problem has solved)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium